What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there! I'm new, not very experienced, and suck at growing plants.

Why am I here? To avenge my original Wal-Mart VFT and become a CP connisouir! Or something..

No, seriously, i Just got a VFT sent off by mail, suddenly freaked, and started looking for resources. I do have plans in the future of getting a few Drosera and Nepenthes, maybe some sun pitchers and cobra plants. Ultimately, I want to get good at this and not suck at growing plants ever again! Also, to drive my vegan GF nuts by growing carnivorous plants and burying her beneath a mountain of ongoing irony.

So, challenges include the fact that I live in a temperate desert that has a rainy season that lasts about 6 weeks a year, with light smatterings of rain at other odd times, but remains at a constant 5% humidity for the rest of the year. We lost 50k+ acres of land to fire. it's bad dry. Also, 90mph -20degree Farenheit wind in winter.

So no outdoor plants! Anyone who has experience with indoor setups are welcome to message me freely! I look forward to listening to the wise collective experience of the forums, as well as hopefully announcing my triumph over my amazing defoliant abilities.

Welcome to TF!

Back