What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uphwiz's terrarium

uphwiz

jimmy
thought i start a new thread for my terrarium in its new home , and starting to settle in pretty well, its been up now for a couple months with no new adjustments , hope it does as well as it use to in its old home, the only real difference my air movement is about half what it was, but i do think it will do..
left end
IMG_6050.jpg
middle
IMG_6049.jpg
right end
IMG_6048.jpg

Wow those plants are great!

Wow, nice!

hamata and ampullaria growing side by side.. amazing! :clap:

Everything looks great Jimmy! Beautiful colors on all of those, well done!

very nice collection Jimmy! thanks for sharing with us!

Great setup youve got here, those plants are amazing! One small observation though that you might want to consider changing: having the plant label on a popsicle stick is not a good idea, especially with tropical plants. I did this with many of my neps and, a couple months later when I needed to repot one, I found that the submerged end of the popsicle stick was covered in mold. After further examination, I realized that every single popsicle stick was moldy and I had to spend the rest of the weekend repotting the majority of my nep collection. Just some advice :D And seriously, everything looks fantastic!

I want one just like yours!! :D Very nice setup and awesome plants. How did you get the extra air movement?

One small observation though that you might want to consider changing: having the plant label on a popsicle stick is not a good idea, especially with tropical plants. I did this with many of my neps and, a couple months later when I needed to repot one, I found that the submerged end of the popsicle stick was covered in mold. After further examination, I realized that every single popsicle stick was moldy and I had to spend the rest of the weekend repotting the majority of my nep collection. Just some advice :D
the sticks are a little funky , i probably should do some repotting as most things in the setup are still in their first pots some for more than 3 years.:-(

How did you get the extra air movement?

if you look close you can see the white pvc tube in the back upper area, it has several hols drilled in it,at several different angles, and runs the length of the terrarium, and out both ends, one end is closed off , and the other has a computer fan attached to a oil filler funnel, its on all the time ,
wish when i built the terrarium i had made the holes twice the size , because i wont risk the tank to try drilling now,
if i build another tank in the future ill make the holes at the ends at least 1 1/2" .
But even at 1" I get a lot of air to all parts of the tank.

What are your high and low temps at night and day?

I love the white grating you've used to support the plants. Where did you get it?

That is called eggcrate. You can find it at home depot/lowes in the roof/building section.

Great plants Jimmy. :) Hopefully you can make a highland section for your neps in there. :)

Thanks vraev I went to Lowe's looking for it but I was in the entirely wrong area!!

Back