What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNC Charlotte & NCBG in Chapel Hill, NC (Very Photo Heavy)

lil hokie

heatherfeather knows the weather!
Hello all!

Just this past week I visited my alma mater, UNC Charlotte, and the North Carolina Botanical Gardens in Chapel Hill. Both of these are home to several cultivars registered by Larry Mellichamp (in Charlotte) and Robert Gardner (in Chapel Hill). I have already posted the best photos on Facebook so if you want to find me on there send me a note or something.

I took a huge amount of pictures but I will try to post some of the better ones. I figured it would take me a few photo dumps before I got all of them so I will space it out. Unfortunately some of the names were hard to make out on the tags especially at UNC Charlotte. Both are fun to visit if you get the chance!!

First up is a batch of photos from the UNC Charlotte greenhouses.

Some Orchids! I do not know their names so if you do feel free to share!
UNCCGreenhouse001.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse002.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse003.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse004.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse005.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse007.jpg

Some Neps.
UNCCGreenhouse009.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse010.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse011.jpg

Some Sarrs and friends in the greenhouse!!
UNCCGreenhouse046.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse020.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse023.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse025.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse033.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse036.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse052.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse053.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse059.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse061.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse022.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse041.jpg

UNCCGreenhouse050.jpg

I think that will satisfy your CP photo fix for now haha! Next time I will try to upload the outdoor bog area for UNC Charlotte. And then the photos from NCBG. When I run out of the CP photos, perhaps if there is enough interest, I will add some of the other photos I took at both areas.

Very nice Heather. That 'Fat Chance' purpurea is really cool. You should see if you can score one from them.

The fat chance looks like an S. rosea to me. Very nice I gave Dr. Mellichamp a bunch of my hybrid between alata and purpurea I wonder how they're doing.

Johnny it was hard enough trying to buy the Dixie Lace that was for sell. I had to fight them for it which always seems to happen there.

It's S. rosea 'Fat Chance' actually haha. He wasn't there when I was..unless he was in the classroom. Maybe I could ask next time I go down. I haven't talked to him in a long time I doubt he remembers me.

Good pictures, Heather. I'm intrigued by the sarr that looks like a cross between psitticina and minor. Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to the bog garden photos.

Back