What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This will be my first attempt at growing Nepenthes on windowsill. This is a southeast facing window.
I hope the pics look okay, i've been using the same 1.3 megapixel camera for so many years.

N. maxima x venticosa: 5" pitcher
MAXxVENT.jpg

N. ventricosa (3):
VENTRICOSA3.jpg

N. ventricosa red (2): Purchased at OSH (Hardware chain in California). These two have been in the outdoor houseplant area since October but managed to survive and grow. The current leaves are thinner than they should be, it doesn't look like they got enough light and they have no pitchers (I should've bought them back in fall). Both plants have 2 basal shoots popping up on each. I'm hoping they'll look at least a little bit like Capslock's beautiful OSH ventricosa in a few months.
VENTRICOSA2.jpg

N. sanguinea (9):
SANG1.jpg

SANG2.jpg

Wish me luck! Suggestions on windowsill care would be helpful too.

They share the window with:
Drosera capensis (about 40)
DEW1.jpg

Two pots of baby VFT clumps.
VFT2.jpg

VFT3.jpg

I ran out of windowsill space for this 6" VFT pot, but it's about time I move these guys outside anyway:
VFT1.jpg

Good luck with the windowsill growing! I'm sure they'll all grow really well for you.

I really like what you've done with those N. sanguinea plants. Where did you get NINE of them?!

You have some very nice plants there! Your Nepenthes will do fine!

I've never seen OSH sell carnivorous plants; nor have I seen them available at Home Depot. I guess everyone else's hardware stores are better than the ones here.

i think thoes will do ok in window sill, as for the capensis you may wanna toss those outdoors in full blast sun!

Back