What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all about the spec mira for me its coming along great,that lowii is looking very good too,good growing

These are the last ever pictures of my Glabrata and are being used to sell it on Ebay :-( I have no idea why this is considered a good plant for a terrarium, it grew out of mine in about 7 months!

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

Mean while 'Black Knight' is doing great on the windowsill
IMG_3343.jpg

As is the boring but occasionally striking Ventrata
IMG_3351.jpg

My lone Heli also seems to be doing fine on the windowsill, recovering from both growth points after sudden death brownness
IMG_3342.jpg

Cephalotus keeps getting taller
IMG_3361.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great looking plants. I actually like the ventrata. I'm a sucker for a bunch of hanging pitchers like that.

N. glabrata never fails to impress. Very beautiful plants

Impressive glabrata! Can't wait to get mine, the pitchers are so delicate looking! And it looks to be a quick grower!

Very nice glabrata. I don't think ventratas are boring at all. Yours is cute. I have a few hanging around my place.

Guess I'll be the first to say.. I'm in love with your ceph.

I totally just skimmed this thread earlier and realized that I didn't actually read the text of your photos. Good luck with ebaying that plant! I hope it fetches you a nice sum. I have always thought that the description of glabrata as a perfect terrarium plant is far from true. I never grew one too big for my terrarium, but I have seen a number of pictures of plants that are just much much larger than a terrarium could handle. To be fair though, in a large terrarium your specimen could be "trained" to crawl or cram up against the glass and it would maybe still produce pitchers. But we all know that that is not ideal...

Thanks a lot guys. I am quite fond of my Ventrata, just because I think it's going to be my first plant to start making uppers, although when I first got it I cut the stem during vining stage due to massive lack of experience and knowledge of what was going on! I've tried to postpone selling the Glabrata as much as possible and even toyed with the idea of making a tall *** terrarium just for it but decided against it for obvious reasons. It seems to be doing well on ebay so far though! @Mass, my Ceph has grown on me massively since I got it, though due to its banishment to the back of the terrarium (as its 'pot' is so tall) it only really grows on one side and the one I haven't shown you looks like crap :lol:

You are doing really well as a windowsill grower! Kudos.
(Count me as one of the folks who appreciates a well-grown Ventrata as well)

Very long time without an update - my camera broke so i've resorted to using a phone!

2012-11-16170323.jpg

Newest purchase and its first pitcher in my care, N. Ventricosa x xTrusmadiensis

2012-11-16170830.jpg

Cute and tubby Aristolochioides x Ventricosa - these pitchers will have the dimensions of a coke can when bigger! :lol:

2012-11-16170632.jpg

N. Robcantleyi enjoyed the warmer months

2012-11-16171146.jpg

As did N. Veitchii x Platychila

2012-11-16171154.jpg

Finally starting to show its potential

2012-11-16171023.jpg

Horrible picture of Lowii x Boschiana (kind of disappointed by this plant)

2012-11-16170743.jpg

N. Spectabilis x Mira always looking nice!

Last edited:
Haven't seen this thread before but very nice plants and I really like that spect x mira! Nice growing they all look happy.

very nice tom,things have grown well,love that vent x tm were you get that from,well impressed,i think your plants grow quicker than mine in your terrarium,but the black knights are easy growers

Thanks guys! corky- I got it on ebay for the grand total of £15 (very lucky!), it was Simon Lumb who was selling it, not sure if you know of him but he usually has Neps to sell for people in the UK. I agree with black knight, mine recently flowered and is finally starting to make uppers.

thats a bargain tom,i have seen some of simons posts on cpuk he has some amazing stuff,if i remember correct i think he is threeskins on proboard ,when your black knight makes an upper i would like to see a pic;)

Very nice plants, Tom! You have an especially pretty specimen of spectabilis X mira!

nice camera fora phone just got a smart phone , it does ok but i would miss my cannon if it broke , sorry to here that ,
but your plants look amazing , thank you for sharing

thanks a lot guys! Spec x mira quickly became one of my favourites in my collection. That lowii x boschiana upper is gorgeous! I may have to force myself to hold onto it until it vines and then chop and swap :lol:

Playing with the camera I got for christmas:

DSCF0035.jpg

New N. Rajah that settled in and is growing suprisingly fast.

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

N. Robcantleyi

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

N. Ventricosa x xTrusmadiensis, thicker peristome on this pitcher than on the last one - not sure whether this is more or less mature as it is still settling in.

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

N. Lowii, seriously love this little plant. The peristome seems particularly toothy in this plant for some reason.

DSCF0037.jpg

N. Aristolochioides x Ventricosa getting larger and fatter!

DSCF0036.jpg

N. Spectabilis x Mira looking nice as ever, though the lid snapped off this picture whilst I was rearranging the terrarium.

DSCF0038.jpg

Ceph that is now bigger than my fist. In need of repotting as it is running out of space to put pitchers!

DSCF0040.jpg

The automated misting/evaporative cooling system I set up recently to increase the chances of my plants' survival when I leave for South East Asia for 4 months.

Back