What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

terrarium photos.

My cousin in Mooresville, NC, the new home of Petty Racing Enterprises, is setting up a 40 gallon terrarium tank for her three kids. They have a breeding pair of anoles, a small turtle and a couple of skinks. I gave them some fly traps, drosera and a small pitcher plant that I thought they might incorporate in the project.
I was wondering if some of you might be nice enough to post some photos of your terrariums to give her some ideas on how you experienced members do it. I will forward the pics to her.

Thanks from Lauderdale

I wouldn't use drosera

mtank4.jpg

I will respond to this ,message a bit later I have to go to school right now and am a buit short on timew goodbye

first of all the drosera will be fine in the terrarium several
40 watt light bulbs would be good they have 4 foot shoplights at home depot for around 8-9$ grab two or more.
the flytraps dont work well in terraiums if the pitcher plant you gave her is a nepenthes then it will be fine in a terraium but if its a sarracenia then it should be grown outside with the flytrap.
here is a ten gallon terraium.
3052.jpg

here is a large 3 foot tank I built
august312007021.jpg

well I don't use CP's in my reptile cages but I do have some planted heres the pics.

Carpet python cage
001.jpg

002.jpg

Ball python cage
004.jpg

005-Kopie.jpg

I copied this from one of my other threads.

Most of these were taken right after I worked them up so they are much more grown in now. They are seriously out of date

The carpet is in this tank. Been modified a bit, lost the potho and put in a more upright plant and more cork

P8190011.jpg

"Jake" in his tank. This is an old shot (August 19th), the pothos in there are covering the entire ground area to the extent you can not see him most days (this is the tank I plant on reworking here again and doing away with the pothos and putting in spidervplants)

P8190012.jpg

The waxies. Also been modified recently. Lost the water bowls and put in a waterfall in the back right corner and added a couple upright plants.

P8190014.jpg

"Promethea's" tank. She lives in the pot most of the time.

P8270020.jpg

The chondro tank. Also and old shot, it too has grown in significantly. the red tinted plant on the right had hit the top as well as tossed out 4 basal groups, the potho covers the whole back and the plants on the left have tripled in size

P9140001-1.jpg

And the egg-eater tank. I have since added a second finch nest. They can always be found in the nests.

PB070027.jpg

That looks a lot more like a boa...

I forgot that she got into that picture, Shes living was living with our ball for a short time while we were building her cage.

My cousin in Mooresville, NC, the new home of Petty Racing Enterprises, is setting up a 40 gallon terrarium tank for her three kids. They have a breeding pair of anoles, a small turtle and a couple of skinks. I gave them some fly traps, drosera and a small pitcher plant that I thought they might incorporate in the project.
I was wondering if some of you might be nice enough to post some photos of your terrariums to give her some ideas on how you experienced members do it. I will forward the pics to her.

Thanks from Lauderdale

sounds cool!
I would just leave out the fly traps, drosera and the small pitcher plant..
then it should be perfect!

Scot

Took some pics last night of the tanks.

Chondro tank

P1210002.jpg

Corn tank (anyone see the snake in there?? Now you know why I want to get rid of the pothos...)

P1210003.jpg

Waxie tank

P1210004.jpg

Don't use a VFT or I'm sure it could grab an anole. Anoles are so tiny I'm sure it'll get trapped.

Don't use a VFT or I'm sure it could grab an anole. Anoles are so tiny I'm sure it'll get trapped.

That would have to be one monster VFT or one seriously dwarf anole.

Largest trap I have seen on a VFT was 6cm and that plant was decades old. Smallest "adult" anole I have seen was 8cm not including the tail for Bahaman anoles and 10cm not including the tail for green anoles.

My guess is that any VFTs in the tank will be smaller ones since very few people have giant trap VFTs and those that do would not place them in a vivarium because it is less than ideal for maintaining them.

I suppose that's true but what if it grabbed like its legs and torso It might not be able to get away. I just wouldn't put anything in a tank that could eat my pet.

lol
spec_10.jpg

they probably took the gecko out its too much meat but the point is the plant caught it.

Don't post images that don't belong to you. Post links.

Someone had to of put the lizard in there the trap is off the ground and not on the media of the pot so i dont see how it could of gotten there by itself. Maybe though

Yep thats a common house gecko I belive...It is kinda cruel cause the gecko is way to big for the VFT but it will still die:-(

Back