What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terraforums and ad-blockers

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
I have recently realized that I have been unintentionally blocking the ads when I log onto Terraforums. The problem with that is this forum relies on advertising income to function and blocked ads pay nothing. I am wondering if perhaps I am not the only one doing this by default. I use Adblock Plus and it gets me through the more aggressive advertising sites like Yahoo! without totally losing it but it completely blocks all ads here. I feel Andrew provides a wonderful service by maintaining Tf and making it available free of charge and I am all for his making back some money for his efforts. So I have changed my settings for Adblock and I now allow Tf to show all ads. They are very mild and even interesting here so there's no pain involved. I will even click on them from time to time which also provides for financial support. I probably wouldn't post this but I can't help but wonder if there are others out there doing the same thing I have been doing. If so I ask you to please support Tf and turn off your ad blocking apps for this website. For Adblock Plus it is a simple matter of going into their menu and checking 'Disable on Terraforums.com'.

good guy greg approves...

I've always felt this way about most of the websites I visit. Especially those who have creators which rely on the revenue provided (forums, youtube channels, blogs ect.) I think what I get out of a website is totally worth the minor inconvenience of some ads.

I've never had an add blocker, but now I feel good every time I load a TF page. Andrew definitely deserves whatever he gets from the adds.

It'd be worth noting that most ad-blockers also have a "whitelist" function that disables the ad-blocker for sites of your choosing. That's what i have done with mine. A few sites I visit (legit sites of course) have very intrusive ads and pop-ups that I do not like, but sites like TF that rely on ads for income get whitelisted.

ive only had i happen about 5 times since i joined

Back