What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Story of the name

Mine is easy, Phalaenopsis chibae is my favorite orchid. My avatar is just a fav pic that I took.

I high school I worked at a restaurant and one of the cooks was a US Navy man. There they called the dishwashers Pearldivers.

When I was in either 8th or 9th grade, I was in the town library setting up my very first e-mail account, and was struggling to think of a name. I started looking around and near me was a cart with books that needed to be put back on the shelves. One of the titles was Zathura, and I thought, "hey, that sounds pretty neat!"

It was years before I actually saw the movie (nevermind reading the book) and realized it was just sci-fi themed Jumanji. :p

Mine is fairly standard; the name of the first dog I had. Hence, katya_dog1.

First initial combined with last name, respelled as one word. It's become sort of a nickname in its own right with the people I've met from this and other forums.

Original name, back in 2001, was from my French-Canadian friend when I was making an account for him on another site, to try to get him to play. Turns out that name is apparently an inappropriate phrase. To this day I will sometimes log into that account and find upset messages from someone calling me out as "REAL mature" because of the account name.

At some point a few years after that I pared it down to Est for ease and to prevent those kinds of interactions. haha Plus, having a first and last name that sum to 17 characters, a three letter name is pretty appealing. ;)

My avatar is Maxx a homeless man / "superhero" from The Maxx, a comic series from the '90s.

I actually dont like my screen name, and wish I hadnt used it..but its too late now! ;)

20 years ago, 1995, I was 25 years old and in a band named "Johnny Chaos"..
We played for 5 years, 1995 to 2000, all over Rochester NY.

The internet came along during that time, I got my first computer, and started joining internet forums..
I needed a screen name..my first name is Scot, im in a band named Johnny Chaos = scottychaos.
I guess it thought it was mildly clever at the time, didnt think about it too deeply honestly! ;)
now..20 years later, im 45 years old, and I think its kind of lame and cheesy..but there it is! ;)

Its also forever intertwined into the url's of my webpages:
Scot's Train Pages
*sigh*

Scot

Last edited:
My profile is named after the marvel character, Curt Connors and my gecko Dr. Connors (also named after curt) to a lesser extent. Unfortunately, I messed it up and put Curtis instead of curt, but I don't mind. For those of you who don't know, Curt Connors became the lizard in Spider-Man.

When I was like 10 years old ish my brother and I really liked the show Naruto, and being kids made up our own ninja characters. My ninja character was named Sashoke, pronounced Sash-O-key (a super clear rip off of a character in the show named Sasuke.) I started using that name for usernames in videogames, emails, forum accounts ect. you name it, and even though I havent watched the show Naruto in close to 7 years, I got used to using the name Sashoke for things and now I cant escape it! :-O

This is a cool thread I always wondered some time when ever I see a UID that seemed interesting. I can't remember the entire origin of my UID, however I know I picked Flip_Side first originally because I'm half Filipino (soon original I know). That was in the early days of internet relay chat. Now this is going to bug me about the Pint part. I also go by FSTP on other parts of the internet.

This is a cool thread I always wondered some time when ever I see a UID that seemed interesting. I can't remember the entire origin of my UID, however I know I picked Flip_Side first originally because I'm half Filipino (soon original I know). That was in the early days of internet relay chat. Now this is going to bug me about the Pint part. I also go by FSTP on other parts of the internet.

Get it figured out and let us know, man. It's been bugging me for 12 years. :p

hahaha, I don't know how to remember! it was almost 20 years ago!

Because my academic specialty is early modern French literature: "anramitaco" is the name for Nepenthes in a seventeenth-century French book about Madagascar. My avatar is one of my cats.

Dex has always been my online surname for all my digital ventures, thus in the carnivorous plant realm - Dexenthes.

Mine is Doomsday (or Doomsdaykillz on youtube and xbox) because of the creature who killed Superman. He has the ability to recover from any injury or even death, and when he does, he will be immune to the same kind of damage again, which means he is unltimately the most powerful creature in the universe, since eventually, everyone will run out of ways to kill him. I've had this name for years tho, and now people are thinking it's because of the new movie :lol:

Back