What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring Cleaning!

Well i got rid of all my neps....

was like this...
98157196O047069966.jpg

now its like this...
97992561O493326739.jpg

smile_h_32.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif
What are you doing?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yeah, what happened Santos? Y got rid of the nice collection?
confused.gif

Where'd ya put them all?

-Ben

I guess maybe he got a little hungry then
smile.gif

-Ben

that set up wasnt working for me. it felt like it was too bulky and it did take up alot of space.

You move them inside?

i got this 5 level shelf at walmart for some $30.00. got it wired so that the light will shine through. i started the move with some neps to see how the light hits the structure. then from there i spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what neps should go where because of the light levels. now most of my neps are in full sun!

97989845O751000351.jpg

the top level are:
xtomomi x tiveyi, ephippitata, maxima x (stenophylla x lowii), maxima-dark x truncata

98165181O029704467.jpg

second from the top:
(rear row) ephippiata and lowii both in a 6" pot, a rooting chamber of some unknown hybrids, khasiana x tobaica
(front row) alata f, alata m, alata b, alata luzon, alata?

98165250O964266655.jpg

(rear row) maxima borone, maxima m, ventricosa x aristolochioides, thorelii x aristolochioides, copelandii mt apo?
(front row) inermis x bongso, bongso, ventricosa x TM, sibuyanensis x ventricosa red giant, ventricosa red x talengensis, truncata pasian, truncata highland green

98165248O949596497.jpg

(rear row) veitchii LxH, maxima-dark x veitchii sarawak, pilosa x veitchii, burbidgea, rajah, lowii x truncata
(front row) 2 ventricosa x (clipeata x ventricosa), fusca crocker range, sanguinea red, sanguinea purple, sanguinea brown

98165285O782934303.jpg

bottom row:
sibuyanensis

98165396O682632919.jpg

Hey man,
The new set up is a great idea. That N. bongso is developing great color!
KPG

It's a Nep condo. Looks like you're going to need another one soon.

yeah, seriously though! next to my collection is a 4" seed grown macrophylla! cant wait to see that one come in the mail!

Hi Santos:

Nice move, but i'd bet that it won't be long until you have that table filled with Neps again....different plants of course!
Once you own a Nep, you always want more
smile_m_32.gif

Gus

inermis x bongso ans bongso, this one is for you KPG!
98375275O051577852.jpg

wow..

me likey!! i am impressed. great space-saving setup you've got there. i was actually thinking about getting some shelving like that for some of our stuff inside but never got around to it.

thanks for sharing pics. that is very nice.

Hey Santos:

I forgot to mention that when i used to live in an apartment i also had a set up very similar to yours, but there was a big problem: not enough light exposure, so the message is: make sure your plants get enough light for them to pitcher properly.

Gus

Back