What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Figured I might as well put up a photo thread of my humble collection since I'm taking pictures anyway for records.

Let's start with N. rafflesiana x ampullaria.

i5zxYDxl.jpg

The supplier said that despite its heritage it was growing well with the other highlanders. I don't doubt them given the altitude range and "hybrid vigour" but it still definitely prefers warmer conditions, there was a noticeable difference in its growth rate when summer hit. Here's how the rear-left pitcher has progressed over the last three weeks or so.
12/01/15:
fChhMvIl.jpg

18/01/15:
0gzaJNOl.jpg

25/01/15:
sb4Oy4zl.jpg

15/02/15:
o73sNVcl.jpg

Will open up in the next week or two if past progress is any indicator.

A "Black Knight" (from my research that's ventricosa x ramispina?):
2UQF8rul.jpg

A ventricosa x burkei. This one's a bit of an embarrassment but it's the first Nep I ever got, and the fact that it's still alive is a testament to how hardy it is. My growing conditions were pretty appalling when I started. It's been slowly getting better though.
ssrvWSkl.jpg

Robcantleyi x hamata. I may have splurged a bit for Christmas, and it caused me a bit of worry since I was concerned about possible root damage (if you run through my thread history you can find out more). It seems to have been doing well though, and I aim to keep taking pictures every week. High hopes for this one, given what I've seen from the pictures of others.
01/01/15:
DpslsP9l.jpg

06/01/15:
I4NapJNl.jpg

12/01/15:
VeSO0Uwl.jpg

18/01/15:
2jDhQAWl.jpg

25/01/15:
EAxT1QBl.jpg

01/02/15:
nZlEf88l.jpg

Bonus picture, a juvenile glabrata pitcher. I strongly suspect that having the end of the tendril in sphagnum (dead or alive) is what's causing it to pitcher. I have high hopes for this one too.
VcJLW2Rl.jpg

My interest is mainly Nepenthes at the moment (have more, but no pictures of them), but there's still a shelf with various other plants. Here's a tray of various Sarracenia hybrids after I repotted and divided them last year:
rs31E1il.jpg

Also have a large pot full of Drosera seedlings but there's not really anything interesting to show since they're all still pretty small.

Back