What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im rather new to Pygmy drosera...
the only adult ones i have are Roseana which gave me tons of gemmae...well i went for the flooded pot look lol
D. Roseana
CPs1-3-09019.jpg

D. Scorpioides from Maxposwillo. the gemmae were slow to start but once they struck they kicked right up. more are just now starting to grow
CPs1-4-09007.jpg

D. sp. Carbaruq also from Maxposwillo
CPs1-4-09006.jpg

D. Pygmaea from Maxposwillo XP
CPs1-4-09009.jpg

D. Pulchella 'Orange Flower' i cant remember if it was from adam or aaddaams lol
CPs1-4-09008.jpg

not really a pygmy, but growing quite well considering the low light lvls of the upper rack
D. Filiformis 'Red' -not so red lol
CPs1-4-09016.jpg

D. Capensis 'Red' also not too red from lower light lvls on the upper rack
CPs1-4-09019.jpg

They look very good and happy!

Those are awesome! I love the D. Roseana!

Wow, they look great! Like everything else in your grow rack. Lol. Amazing. D. roseana! :drool:

How come your D. Filiformis is still wide awake in January??

All mine are snoozin' for the winter.

...or is that an older picture from the summer?

Filiformis red doesn't require dormancy :p. Thanks for the comments guys, capensis ill have to send you some of the roseana gemmae next season lol. Quite crazy little plants

A note on Drosera paleacea {DC.} subsp.roseana {(N.Marchant & Lowrie) Schlauer}

You'll note Dr.Schlauer gave this a subspecies rank, quite unusual for him, lol!

The flowers have an intoxicating smell. Not literally, but almost!

Beautiful plants and photo's, thanks much!

yeah i know its a ssp of palacea, but ill always just call it D. Roseana :p but intoxicating in which way? Lol stinks or smells amazing :p

i'm putting my money on the stink smell. amazing D."roseana". the sphagnum in the background looks alittle dry.

lol yeah it was a bit dry upper, i was taking plants out to water em while taking pics :p

Back