What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some new neps

Got some new plants today, but still haven't taken all the pics yet. Here's what I do have:

Ampullaria Borneo Sunset
ampullariaborneosunset.jpg

ampborneosunset.jpg

Ampullaria Cantleys Red
cantleysred.jpg

cantleysredpitcher.jpg

bellii x truncata
bellitruncatapitcher.jpg

Tobaica
tobaicaplant.jpg

I have a better shot up close of a pitcher but it shows store name on tag so I couldn't show it

Veitchii x platychila
veitchiplatychilapitcher.jpg

And this is not a new plant, but it is blooming and I snapped a pic
IMG_0075.jpg

those amps are huge! but then again, so are most lowlanders---and i've never had an amp ever in my life.

Nice! I love that cantley's red!

great plants! thos amps are fantastic! and nice flower!

Nice pitchers! Get well fast, Orin!

Wow, what beautiful amps!! Thanks for sharing.

Wow! I love the Veitchii x platychila--the red leaves are awesome!

More pics

cantleysredamp.jpg

cantleysredgallon.jpg

cantleysredgreenhouse.jpg

Spectabilis
greenhouseshot.jpg

spectabilisplant.jpg

Ampullaria Borneo Sunset
borneosunsetgreenhouse.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Very nice assortment of N. ampullaria, and other neps!

They are, sorry for that. I just labeled them wrong for this thread. If you look closely at the tags in the plant you can see Khasiana on the tag, upside down and blurry, but you can still make it out. Good eye though!

I want that amp sunset , like it love it , need it , nice pic's back2eight

Your amps look great. Such a vibrant red.

I love LOVE the basal carpets you get with amps even in 1gallon size pots. Amp just has to be my favorite nepenthes...I mean, imagine if flava or aristolochioides or mikei put out that many pitchers? :drool:

I got my last amp from a cruddy vendor and it just up and died (luckily the platy survived), so I just got a seedgrown amp cyclops mtns...hopefully I don't kill it with my temps on the chillier side.

thatg's what I'm worried about. It is still getting pretty chilly at nights, and I'm afraid they are going to suffer. I don't know how hardy they are.

I find that amps will still do pretty well at 72F as long as the humidity is high.

I find that amps will still do pretty well at 72F as long as the humidity is high.

72 during the day? What would the nighttime drop be that they would still do okay with?

72 during the day? What would the nighttime drop be that they would still do okay with?

Sorry, I meant 75F, the temp drops to 70 at night.

Although, when I grew them at 85F day and 70F night they grew MUCH faster.

Yeah, thats my experience with them too, but right now they are having to suffer much cooler weather than that. I know it won't kill them, but it won't help them out any either

Yeah, thats my experience with them too, but right now they are having to suffer much cooler weather than that. I know it won't kill them, but it won't help them out any either

I just moved mine to a warmer spot today and gave it the coffee treatment I'm hoping that that will give it a growth spurt.

Back