What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning the generosity I have received recently, I am hosting a new giveaway. This is for US members only, and you must be willing to post something of your own as a giveaway in return. The winner of this contest will receive a packet each of the following seeds: Utricularia calycifida "purple flower," D. intermedia "Mt. Roraima," and Byblis liniflora. This giveaway will be open until next Friday, June 5, at which point the winner will be chosen at random.
List your name, you know the drill...

~hcarlton

1. Cthulhu138 - Thanks ! I will be holding a Drosera tuber giveaway as soon as the plants are fully dormant.

Just thought I'd throw this out there too...... D.intermedia does not exist on Mt. Roraima. I believe these are the plants from Roraima State, Brazil that have somehow mistakenly been attributed to the tepui. These plants and seeds were first distributed simply as "Roraima" and people have incorrectly tacked on "Mt." to the name assuming they were from the mountain and not elsewhere in the state.

Last edited:
1. Cthulhu138 - Thanks ! I will be holding a Drosera tuber giveaway as soon as the plants are fully dormant.
2. unprofessiona - looking forward to giving back

3. chch - I'll share some seeds with my CP buddy in a nearby town

4. ZeRoKooL - Thank you! My filiformis is shooting up a flower stalk. Will be posting seeds up when ready.

4. ZeRoKooL - Thank you! My filiformis is shooting up a flower stalk. Will be posting seeds up when ready.
5. JB_orchidguy - will do a newbie giveaway. Vft and filiformis var filiformis and tracyii for shipping.

5. JB_orchidguy - will do a newbie giveaway. Vft and filiformis var filiformis and tracyii for shipping.
6. savagegarden - awesome giveaway, will do a d. scorpioides giveaway

chch-The giveaway should be hosted on this forum in return....

7. David F -- Capensis "Big Pink" SASE

chch-The giveaway should be hosted on this forum in return....

I understood that and plan to do that. I didn't understand I should tell about the plant(s)/seeds I plan to give away in my line in the list. However, after a few more people added their name to the list I noticed a pattern. Not sure how quickly you were thinking I should do a give away. I have only a few CP's and most are unremarkable. However, I have a Pinguicula emarginata "Eric Green" that grew well this year and can divide it.

8. RyanG - I just got done with a S. rubra giveaway with 6 plants and will be giving away more divisions of other sarrs this fall.

Last edited:
8. Afrodisa - Burmannii and sessilifolia seeds will go up soon

No, Chch, it really wasn't necessary to go into details as to the giveaway you would be doing. However, the way your first post read, it did sound as though the sharing of seeds with your friend was the giveaway you were intending to do.

Last edited:
No, Chch, it really wasn't necessary to go into details as to the giveaway you would be doing. However, the way your first post read, it did sound as though the sharing of seeds with your friend was the giveaway you were intending to do.

I understand. Earlier I didn't realize how it would look. :-D

9. Axelrod12- Thanks! I'll be putting a mexi-ping or two up for giveaway soon.

9. Axelrod12- Thanks! I'll be putting a mexi-ping or two up for giveaway soon.
10. charlie - Thanks! I always have extras ;)

And the winner is (drumroll please)....

5. JB_orchidguy!

Congratulations, PM me your address and I will send out the seeds ASAP.

Edit: Check that, I already have your info :) Seeds will be sent out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow thanks!! I didn't even realize I won till I saw the seeds in the mail today. Wow what a surprise!

Back