What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey folks,
After watching this almost everyday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNo8z_E-Npk
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNo8z_E-Npk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNo8z_E-Npk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
I have this big urge to get a Cephalotus. The last one I had died before it reached it's full potential. I'm missing my Darlingtonia too which did great out here in Los Angeles before it mysteriously died.

At the moment, I can only remember having a few Brocchina reducta, Drosera capensis "typical" and "narrow", Sarracenia leucophylla 'Titan', Sarracenia pssitacina, Sarracenia x 'Catesbaei' (pupurea ssp heterophylla x flava), Sarracenia x 'Wrigleyana', a lot of unknown pygmy sundews and I will list whatever hasn't been mentioned already.

But Audrey 2 is a supposed to be a cross between a VFT and a butterwort, so says Seymore Krelborn.

Hello, I have some Cephs available... Nothing huge, and they're not yet listed for sale. If you're interesting in a trade of some kind, feel free to PM me.
Thanks,
Andrew

I've been watching "Little Shop of Horrors" alot recently as well, and I have an urge to get a Cephalotus too. I want a small pitcher plant that will grow year round, and Cephalotus is the only one that fits that description.

I've been watching "Little Shop of Horrors" alot recently as well, and I have an urge to get a Cephalotus too. I want a small pitcher plant that will grow year round, and Cephalotus is the only one that fits that description.

N. argentii is small and it's tropical so it would grow year round. Nepenthes muluensis x lowii is small it's pitchers reach like only 4" when mature.

N. argentii is small and it's tropical so it would grow year round. Nepenthes muluensis x lowii is small it's pitchers reach like only 4" when mature.
Cephalotus grows year round and is about as rare to comeby as argentii. Probably about the same difficulty as eachother to.
Mulensis x Lowii might be a good choice. I don't know how to grow it, but its hard to get easiar than my cephalotus. Its doing fine on a windowsill with artificial lights and a humidifier I turn on in all seasons except summer. I don't know why its so difficult for some people???. It also did relatively well without the humidifier but grew really slowly.

Do you know why yours died, Gold Trap? That could be useful so you can make sure that it doesn't happen again.

I'm thinking about buying a Nepenthes Ventricosa again. I had great success with it before I transplanted it. My main issue is that Cephalotus is very expensive and hard to find, and I want to be more experienced when it comes time to grow it.

Therefore, I'm buying a Nepenthes Ventricosa.

Ahmad, if you're looking for a small (compact) plant to grow outside in Florida, Nepenthes ampullaria would probably do well for you. They don't get quite as large as the other lowland neps.

Ahmad, if you're looking for a small (compact) plant to grow outside in Florida, Nepenthes ampullaria would probably do well for you. They don't get quite as large as the other lowland neps.

Well, I was looking for a small pitcher plant that I can grow indoors in my room.

yeah! I would suggest a muluensis x lowii as well. Its a nice compact plant and among the cutest nepenthes ever. It will be surely among the first hybrids I will buy. ;D

Back