What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia minor "Okee Giant"

Does anyone have a picture of a Sarracenia minor "Okee Giant"?

I wanna see how big they really can get...

I found a few.

s_minor.jpg

S.Minor "Okefenokee Giant"

s_minor2.jpg

S.Minor "Okefenokee Giant"

I got to see one at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. They really are BIG, the one there was easily 3'

Pyro

Hi,

I don't have a 'Giant' but wanted to post this picture (i hope it is ok in this post)

Martin

sarr_minor02.jpg

Martin,

Forgive me if this has been asked before but, what type of camera do you use?

I have been busting my butt these past few weeks to get the hang of my new digicamcorder/camera and I can't get nearly as beautiful a picture.

Pyro

The picture was taken with a Canon EOS 50e (namend Elan 2 in USA ?) with a Sigma 105mm/2,8 EX Makro on Kodachrome 100 Extra Colour slide film.
I also used a tripod. Aperture was around 4.0-5,6 (guessed from the narrow depth of feeld)

Martin

I see, so you use a real camera. Do you then just scann the image in?

yes, I bought a relativly "cheap" slide scanner on ebay.

I don't have a digital camera, but Nikon makes some nice (and expensive&#33
wink.gif
cameras which seem to be good for close up shots, too.

Maybe in one year a 2 or 3 MPix Camera will be cheap enough for me, too. (if only the Canon D30 would drop in prize)

Martin

CPN Volume 31, No.2( newest issue) Says it can reach heights of 90cm. So Pyro is correct!

Martin,

I know what you mean about expensive
wow.gif
The only reason I have my new one is because it was a wedding gift, if I were waiting to buy one for myself I'd be waiting a looooooooong time.

Pyro

One of these days I'll post a pic of my S. minor "Missouri Midget".

you guys are so lucky! my strong groing minor gave out this season and died.
sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sarracenia @ July 15 2002,12:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One of these days I'll post a pic of my S. minor "Missouri Midget".[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You must conatact me if you have any clones of this plant. I'll pay big bucks. Or plants... Heh...

It seems ideal forme... Notto big... Hehehe...

Um is that a joke? Nothing is on the web about it.

Yeah, it's a joke. My S. minor, I don't know how old it is, but it put up the tiniest little flower I've ever seen on a Sarracenia (dandelion size), and the traps don't get very big, for whatever reason. So I jokingly refer to it as S. minor "Missouri Midget". Sorry for the confusion.

That's wierd! It is orignally an Okefenokee Giant?

on ebay you can find NIkons new Coolpix 8000 (I think) for a great deal... may are going between 3 and 5 hundred... the camera is still selling in stores (it's brand new) for 7 hundred plus...

and uhh... its a FIVE megapixel...

(I am filling my piggy bank&#33
wink.gif

Is there anyway to obtain this plant , and if so , then where ? I bet there going to be expensive but I'd like to see how it does in cultivation with me .

Back