What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragoness

For the love of Science!
I am offering this sarracenia division. It came to me labeled only as "sarracenia species" so I really have no clue what it is. It did flower this spring (pics included below) and the division you are getting ships with whatever flower stalks are attached. I never bagged or Covered the flowers, so I am assuming they were Polinated, but don't know for sure. it has grown happily in My zone 5 Michigan bog for about 3 years now.

I return I am seeking mature specimens of any cold temperate drosera, such as rotundifolia, Anglica, linearis, etc OR other sarracenia divisions, either species or hybrids.

I will cover shipping on my end. You cover shipping on yours.

Open to US residents.

this is the division you are getting.

Sarracenia division by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

This is what the flowers looked like, in the spring.

Sarracenia flower by Jerabudragoness, on Flickr

Definitely from the S. rubra complex, most likely subsp. rubra from the growth habit.

Good to know, seeing as the one known rubra I had died last winter.

That looks almost identical to my unknown rubra complex plant.

Sitting here wondering why I had no takers. Re read my post, and realized I only put about half of the plants I was Looking for in The list of stuff I'd accept in trade. Allow me to amend that. In addition to cold hardy bog plants, I am also looking for weedy terrarium plants, preferably dews (Adelae, binata, capensis, anything really, as long as it comes with a label.) Would prefer established plants, or generous cuttings thereof. Sturdy pings, any flowering utrics, (I already have sandersonii ) pretty much any cp that is Easy to grow/sturdy/weedy, Does not require a cold dormancy (at least not fridge, but My house gets into the fifities during winter) spreads easily.

Last edited:
Bisquamata? [emoji12]

How about subulata? [emoji13] [emoji13]

She said shed lije some of those utrics sflguy, she likes the weedy ones they tend to be survivors of everything got the most part lol.

Id go in on this to trade some stuff but i really don't have things that are weedy that aren't already taken by my friends daughter for her class. But you shouldn't have any trouble, plus i couldn't grow a sarr for my life they all get spindly and long then fall over no matter how strong my light is. Goodluck hun

She said shed lije some of those utrics sflguy, she likes the weedy ones they tend to be survivors of everything got the most part lol.

Id go in on this to trade some stuff but i really don't have things that are weedy that aren't already taken by my friends daughter for her class. But you shouldn't have any trouble, plus i couldn't grow a sarr for my life they all get spindly and long then fall over no matter how strong my light is. Goodluck hun

Sarracenia are supposed to be grown in full sun. No artificial or supplemental light can even come close to the sun.

But you shouldn't have any trouble, plus i couldn't grow a sarr for my life they all get spindly and long then fall over no matter how strong my light is.

That might also explain why your Dionaea seem incapable of digesting flies or 3 insects in succession. If your light can't keep your Sarracenia happy, it won't keep your Dionaea happy either.

Last edited:
Jen, that appears to be S.rubra rubra.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I do want to clarify that my reply was made in good humor, not trying to sound rude)

d.capensis red and white, Utricularia livida, poss d. triffid ,Marston dragon flower stalk cuttings. I also have some seedlings mostly sarrs species Byblis liniflora

So the consensus is that it's most likely a rubra. Good to know !

Humor is always welcome :)

For the record,I happen to like many of the 'weedy' utric flowers. sandersonii and bisquamata are cute. Yellow ones all look the same to me though.

Back