What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

s. purpura smurf??

I'd love to see results of a hybridization attempt between 'Smurf' and S. psittacina or S. minor. :laaa:

I like it also but i'm a purpurea nut:D.

I'd love to see results of a hybridization attempt between 'Smurf' and S. psittacina or S. minor. :laaa:

Honestly, psittacina is my favorite Sarracenia, but I would bet money that the cross between those two would be horrific at best.

Interesting thats for sure

It's cute in that Korean Melody Shark Venus Flytrap, or Pug dog, or Sphynx cat sorta way.

o man i want that one marf

It sure is a "interesting" specimen. Like Durian has a "interesting" smell to it! :lol:

That particular specimen doesn't look too healthy. I'd kind of like to see what it does in my conditions.
And durian actually isn't that bad after the first bite.

New meme: "Leave Purpur Smurf alone!"

Oh, I'll be leaving it alone, that's for sure !

Gert (Extreme Plants) was selling these at EEE2011. I was chatting to someone there who bought it to see if it makes any interesting crosses.

I find it makes purpurea very un-carnivorous, but it does look interesting and I think it may have some good crossing potential.

Ahh come on...give the poor thing some love people! How do you think mutated twins feel? Besides, that thing could create some awesome wavy sarr lid hybrids...

yes. think of the potential for mind-boggling hybrids!

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I find it makes purpurea very un-carnivorous, but it does look interesting and I think it may have some good crossing potential.

as s. purpurea is already the least carnivorous, i reckon this might actually make it slightly more successful in that the overhang prevents 1 in 8 bugs from flying out so easily

...and I thought the lidless Sarracenia were horrible. That is hands down the saddest, ugliest purp I've ever seen. I would have have culled that in a hot second from my seedlings. Some idiot will probably buy it too !

Ditto. Ugly,very ugly. Looks diseased and unhealthy. And $50? Hmm.

I'll pass. S. purpurea "Phoenix", on the other hand, will be worth waiting for.

i think it is pretty neat. i would like to see its cross with S. "super green giant". i would also like to use complex hybridizations to try and create a blue specimen! :lol:

Back