What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Results of Water Testing

I actually bought one from home depot but decided that I don't know how to hook it up so I took it back. I don't need to buy water though as I get so much when it rains or snows. But I'm sure I'll buy it again and get a plumber to put it in one day soon. Money is not an issue. Plus I'm thinking about getting into a reef tank.

Glacier has never displayed any info (average measurements) regarding their water on their site (either that or I have never found it). It's good to know that the TDS measures are that low. Pretty surprising, really.

Remember YMMV depending on the local water supply, the local plumbing and the skill and motivation of the service technician.

I'm kind of impressed on how much the Britta pitcher filter knocks out.

i just packed myself with 30 gallon of water
6*5gallon bucket

i had a bit of trouble rolling it in my cart though, so i had to take 2.

Thanks for the link to the EC meter and the quick calculation. My softened water at the tap is running 282 and the RO water 25-28 which puts me in the 90% range. I can live with that, why didn't I get this meter for $20 a long time ago ? Money well spent !!

I called the water department and they told me that ours is 175ppm. I wonder what the britta makes it to be. I need a meter now.

Back