What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rescue from Home Depot

thez_yo

instigator
I just got back from Home Depot, and while there I saw this VFT with curly teeth, wavy traps, and a double trap baby leaf! I'm posting some pics because it's really cute, but also I'm horrible at these I guess. ...I put mine outside in a saucer full of water with the other Home Depot rescues (a couple pitchers and a sundew...will just put a pic up in the ID thread), to get ~7hrs direct morning-til-noon light, but I think they hate that and I'm not sure how to make it better.

pics:
P9250221.jpg

P9250222.jpg

P9250223.jpg

P9250224.jpg

uasuly deformation in a VFT means something bad. I see one of two things:
1. plant was grown in bad conditions. In which once you give it correct conditions it will perk up.
2. There is a pest problem. The only time my VFT has produced wavy traps is when it was infested with aphids.

The curly teeth happen when the trap is first formed. The teeth uncurly as it grows. The first curly pic shows this. As for the brown ended curls they are from some type of damage (pest or growing condition). The second curly pic shows this.

So then I guess it's good that I got a big bag of ladybugs to unleash on the plants (for the aphids) :D.

In any case, double traps is still awesome. I hope this one survives...

I'm not sure it's a double trap as I can see another leaf below the top one. Have you moved the top one to see if both traps move with it? I have a feeling one of the traps is attached to the leaf on the bottom. It does look cool though and I'm all for saving CP's!

So then I guess it's good that I got a big bag of ladybugs to unleash on the plants (for the aphids) :D.

In any case, double traps is still awesome. I hope this one survives...

Yeah, I checked the double-trap like five times because I couldn't believe it! The leaf underneath actually doesn't have a trap on it, and the whole green leaf underneath the double traps and their leaf is one big un-trapped leaf.

that's awesome!

Back