What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Drosera adelae

Hi, I am new to Drosera and was wanting to try my hand at growing one. I am looking to order a Drosera adelae (Lance leaf) from Andy's site http://www.flytrapshop.com/servlet/the-2/Drosera-adelae-sundew/Detail. And my question is,

Is this type of Sundew the kind that curls up around it's pray? I am not very familiar with Sundews, however I do know some do not move when an insect gets stuck on it. And would like to find one that will. If the adelae doesn't move, witch ones do?
Thanks for any help :)

Adelae does curl around its prey, but not quite as dramatically as Capensis. Adelae and Capensis are both very easy sundews to grow

Sweet! Thanks for the info! I'll have a look at the capensis to. :banana2:

I went with the Drosera capensis (All Red)! I thought it looked awesome! :boogie:
Now just one last question, how much light do they need, can it be grown in full sun as with Dionaea Muscipula?
Thanks again.:hail:

itll need full sun to stay red :)

D. capensis is grown in full sun in my g/h. Both the typical and the "All Red" form. The D. adelae typically needs a shaded location.
Andrew

Sweet! Thanks for the advice! I'll put them outdoors with my flytraps when the weather warms a bit! :)

Back