What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month TF edition february 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my entry is pretty basic, it grows in the windowsill and opened a pitcher between yesturday and today. its still pretty light in color but if it darkens ill post updates. its still small considering the overall plant is about i think i measured it 22in from leaf tip to leaf tip.

Nepenthes Miranda

cps013.jpg

cps014.jpg

Some frills in the peristome
cps011.jpg

don't mind the background i didn't really know where to take the pics haha

dustin

Thanks for the kind words on the eddy!

Petmantis, I have that plant growing under a 4 ft, 4 tube T-5 light.
Jmatt

Dustin: It may be basic, but a well grown plant is still worthwhile to look at. ;)

Wow!! I wish I had one of those plants Jeff. :) Thanks for sharing.

Wow that miranda is sweet!

update on my burkei
IMG_1307.JPG

SirKristoff,
That Jamban is sweet! Looks very healthy and happy.
Now I know I need to get one!
JMatt

All the pitchers in this thread have been amazing so far. Even the more common hybrids and species are looking terrific. Is this going to be a poll where we all vote, because I feel bad for whoever has to choose the winner to this one!:banana2:

Yes i will handle the CIVS voting poll as normal since i know how to set it up ;)

My N. Ovata that I got from Frillion
An currently waiting to be shipped back to Cali

MonFeb22084128CST2010.jpg

heres my alata from EP. still trying to figure out the form. its an upper pitcher. and its massive. its a solid 6in tall! and the plant is now in full vine. getting up to 2 ft tall last i saw it. ignore the picture quality. it isnt very good cause its from a phone. haha.
photo5.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Alex

That is a great N. alata; quite possibly the best looking one I've seen.

i know right? the color and shape reminds me of boschiana the peristome is smaller but other than that its very similar. its become one of my favorites =]

WOW Daren! I am very excited for that plant!

Dustin: It may be basic, but a well grown plant is still worthwhile to look at. ~Clue~
Wow that miranda is sweet! ~thez_yo~

Thanks, yeah can't wait until it gets bigger, i more meant it seems pretty common around, definitely not a plain/basic looking nep, it's still is a very nice plant can't wait for it to get some larger pitchers i think i measured it at 22" in diameter so hopefully this summer when it can get more light, the pitchers will get bigger and more colorful too. I'll try to post an update tomorrow, looks a little darker and i think the peristome might have gotten a little bigger

Awesome plants everyone, i really enjoy seeing everyones plants

dustin

================================================
just add my update onto my post...

N. miranda, has been open for a few days now

cps017.jpg

cps015.jpg

cps016.jpg

COMPARED TO A FEW DAYS AGO...
cps014.jpg

dustin

Update,

ventxe.jpg

ventxe2.jpg

ventxe3.jpg

One of my new favorites.

What is that strange looking substance inside that pitcher?

Thats not a substance, just the inside wall of the plant. Probably the waxy one.

I can't say I've seen such a pronounced waxy zone if that is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back