What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I got my N. ampullaria! It's so cool. Here's a bunch of pictures of my plants. Starting with the amp...
Plants008.jpg

Top view
Plants004.jpg

Front view. Looks a little like a VFT
Plants002.jpg

A little thing was with my N. amp. It looks like a baby nep, but has no roots. I can see a pitcher on it. I stuck it in the media with my amp to see if it will grow. Where could it have come from?
Plants013.jpg

N. Ventricosa, finally making it's first pitcher in the 6 months I've had it
Plants006.jpg

Ladybug hiding on the ventricosa
Plants010.jpg

N. truncata pitcher. Colors look like fire. When the lights are out that red turns to purple blue
Plants007.jpg

There's a lot of nectar blobs on the truncata
Plants009.jpg

N. sanguinea new leaf wanting the lights
Plants001.jpg

The sanguinea made a weird chewed up leaf then made 3 short 1 centimeter leaves before making a good leaf... This picture is the chewed up leaf
Plants014.jpg

Two of my 5 VFT cuttings. The one on the right is the biggest at about 2-3 centimeters across
Plants015.jpg

The first sprout of my three VFT seeds I found. I think there's another one sprouting but it's small. I will call them the survivors when they grow up
Plants005.jpg

A big mass of forked drosera. They look like binata but Idk...
Plants011.jpg

A little drosera in my D. capensis pot
Plants012.jpg

That little nep is most likely a basal it was making. Great plants :). Are the VFT cuttings outside?

That's a binata. Great fingers, too! Plain whorl?

Very nice plants! Thanks for sharing!

Capensis, the VFT cuttings are inside. Lol jimscott, I had to hold up the pitcher so I could get a good picture. Would it be alright to skip those binata's dormancy this year? I think they're seedlings, they were really tiny a while ago.

Awwww now thats a cute amp. Sure does remind me of my Hookriana especialy the pot openings looks just like mine on the Hook. Awsome pics and that one pic looks like a baby Nep.. I like the pic with the hidden lady bug way to cool....:-D

cool amp, do you have pic of the entire plant?

Put the binata at a window sill. It will respond to the lower photoperiod of the coming months and then re-emerge,in around February.

This morning I looked at my amp and the leaves are all wrinkled and droopy, and the pitchers look like crap and the lids are all closed. The leaves are dry too, like the leaves you would find on the ground in fall. The leaves are still green though.

Yessum, I would have to assume.

Back