What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New GH project

nice progress :) are you using screws or nails for this?

I'm using 3" screws. Working ony second large box. I use a good bit because I want it stable for years to come.

I will use 2" screws on the wood siding for the front back and low wall sides. Then some wood treatments.

There has finally been some more progress on the new GH. I've picked out the stain and started coating the front. A friend is coming to help wire up the sub panel so I have electricity out at the GH. I had to have some place to put the box so I had to start with some siding.
20121113_164743.jpg

I was able to get a good chunk done. All the exposed wood siding is coated. So if it rains we are good. That chaps expenvice at $32 a sheet!!!! But it looks so good compared to just plywood!!!

20121113_170432.jpg

20121113_172244.jpg

20121113_191249.jpg

I mount sub panel and start running conduit tomorrow. Supposed to pull wire on Sat!!!

Last edited:
beautiful work man let us see the wiring as you do it , well just a pic or two if you can .
SOME NICE GREENHOUSE . :drool::drool::drool: thanks for sharing

For those still interested. More work was done today. The sub panel box was mounted and conduit run to under house in prep for wire pulling on Sat.

20121115_212831.jpg

20121115_212825.jpg

Sorry for all pics from the same angle. My phone was plugged in.

Trench dug to the house.

20121115_225803.jpg

Conduit glued into place and ready to receive wire.

20121115_225758.jpg

More to come tomorrow as I run water pipe.

That's alot of back work! Looks Great!

i shall be taking notes on the wiring job so please keep the updates coming :) i am not so good with that stuff and would love to learn a bit from this!

how deep are you laying the wires?

wow, you're going all out with this thing. very nice..

This is a culmination from what I've learned building 4 other GHs. And I'm really not interested in leaving out anything in my build plans anymore. So I'm building a dream basically.

hey hey ,its looking good jb i have not looked at your progress for a bit,looking like a good size to grow a personel forest

Very cool, looks like the finished product will be amazing!

Thanks everyone. Slowly but surely its coming. I am so glad I don't have to rush though.

hey josh ,
whatcha got done this month , any new progress .

20130102_165605.jpg

I finished up the roof and used up the last half a can of stain I had. And smoothed out some rough areas on the outside where plastic would be. I have to buy more wood for benched and a door now. Then of course some new siding. Its a slow process when funds end up getting spent on plants. :-/

That would be my fault.

:slap: well.. tough to house all those plants unless you finish duder.

must resist the plants!!!!! hahaha

How can you resist things like lingulata, truncata x tm, truncata x lowii, and the likes? Do you know how hard it is saying no to Sib x hamata? And other great crosses that were just released?

Back