What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new arrivals....

so my 4 south american beauties arrived at my doorstep yesterday, and i decided what the heck, im taking them out for a breather, might as well take quick pics of them...

H. ciliata- the smallest and youngest of the bunch. cute and fun sized. :-D
WP_000257.jpg

H. colina- the girl you thought was okay looking from photos...way more attractive in person.
WP_000259.jpg

H. purpurescens- the "olga" of the bunch. the largest out of the four. looking forward to the well developed nectar spoons in the future!
WP_000261.jpg

H. sp. "akopan" - if N. campanulata were a heliamphora, it would be "akopan" in my opinion, probably the most attractive of the bunch, and because of her beauty, probably bashed and abused by her three tripmates along with every other CP shipped from Wistuba to the US, hence the shattering (yes. shattering) of her newest pitcher. T.T
WP_000258.jpg

looking forward to watching all 4 grow. thanks for taking a look!

nice plants Amp! Good luck with them.

Congrats, Amp! Hopefully they all do well!!!

congrats Jon,

jumped in with both feet ey

;)

They look wonderful!! Hopefully my AW plants arrive soon.

Aww yay! <3 Akopan :love:

nice . . . nice . . . nice . . .

Congrats on your new roommates!
H. purpurescens- the "olga" of the bunch. the largest out of the four. looking forward to the well developed nectar spoons in the future!
I really enjoy watching the pitchers morph from small juvenile through the mysterious adolescence to the usually predictable & wonderful adult. Just like with people, some plants seem to jump from kid to adult in one quick move (like the guys who could grow a beard in 9th grade) and others who take their time and slowly (ever so painfully slowly in some cases ... :0o: ) transform into the final adult morph ...

looking forward to watching all 4 grow. thanks for taking a look!
I'll join this club - keep the pics coming (& thanks for sharing these!).

Congratulations!

Beautiful plants !!! :0o: I wonder how plants are covered and sent without damage ? :scratch:

thanks everyone for the kind comments!

@flasker: wistuba has a knack for sending plants relatively well packed. im sure if i got neps, the plants would look 10 times better. heliamphora by far the most fragile carnivorous plants period. aside from high humidity demands during the acclimation period, pitchers are like thin eggshells.

Gneiss!

hello...not much to look at in terms of progress...BUT

purpurescens is living up to it's name, ~10 days later.
purpurescens.jpg

The darkening of the leaf is from high light right? I thought it was death for a second :p

@heli: 2 things so far actually.
high lighting and cold temperatures. last time i checked the 65F and 48F where the highs and lows....things should start kicking once when ventilation comes in to play.

here's my sarracenioides opening up, where all 3 factors come into play:
stage2.jpg

black lips.....drool.

Anyways, they look great! I love that sarr.

The last pic is amazing. I cant wait to see that pitcher open.

The change in the purpurescens is crazy - wow!

Beautiful pic & colors on the Sarr too. :hail:

Back