What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes symposium

Hi Folks:

Francois Mey is going to be our invited speaker in April and we would like to host a Nepenthes symposium on Saturday, April 23. I need a count of who would be likely to attend this event so we pick the right sized venue. We can host a small crowd at the Research Station, otherwise we'll rent near-by Town Hall in Bowling Green. I envision the symposium featuring Francois as the keynote speaker followed by several other guests talking about their field work or horticultural efforts. The symposium would run 3-4 hours and would be followed by a social, art, and plant exhibits. Vendor displays are possible.

Would you please let me know if you would be interested in attending, presenting, or exhibiting.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station
meadowview@pitcherplant.org
804-633-4336

I might be able to attend because I'll be out that way the previous week. I'll have to run it past my boss first though of course..

I'd be interested in attending, but won't know for sure if I can make it out that way until next month.
~Joe

Ok, I asked my boss and it's a go assuming I figure out all the travel plans myself :p

I'd be interested in attending, I'm a 2.5 hour (gaive or take) drive from Bowling Green. Would you be willing to taking advance purchase orders and delievering them there as well?

Hi Folks:

Thanks for the nice response and keep letting me know if you want to attend. Chibae, I have to be careful trying to fill orders while handling events like this. We're typically extremely busy hosting the event and it's hard to fit much in. However, if you can send me a list of what you want I can see if we could have the plants for you.

Best,

Phil

Back