What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes 'Song of Melancholy' NY Plant Nerd 25$

Status
Not open for further replies.

thez_yo

instigator
From Sam's nursery in Hawaii, there are roughly 2 different looking 'Song of Melancholy' plants. Here's some history on them from Flora Nepenthecae forum as written by Sam:

"N. Song of Melancholy is a N. boschiana grex that seeded in rainforest's collection. He sent seeds to a number of different people (capslock has some) but I think I got the lion's share. There are probably two fathers involved as some have dark peristomes and look very much like N. spahtulata x maxima or N. spathulata x boschiana while other have great stripping on the peristomes and look more like N. x Tiveyi.
The suspected father of the ones with the stripes is N. spectabilis x veitchii."

(from here http://lhnn.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pforum&action=display&thread=3520)

So, the one you'll be bidding on, *isn't* one of the stripey ones, but is still a nice beastly looking plant. Here are pictures:

P4140009.jpg

P4090006.jpg

U.S. only please, winner pays shipping (<$10, please PM me when you win to arrange payment via paypal and I'll tell you after I ship).

Bidding starts at $2.

Last edited by a moderator:
$10

$15 :)

25.00 :)

Auction has been paid for. Free to ship as soon as shipping is taken care of.

Auction needs to be completed. Please either send payment or ship item. If the item has already been shipped or received please post status of the auction.

Auction needs to be completed. Please either send payment or ship item. If the item has already been shipped or received please post status of the auction.

Plant has arrived today. Thanks again! You can close it out Ozzy :)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back