What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one lot of hybrid Nepenthes seed to give to someone: a cross of my N. "pyriformis"* X N. tenuis.

The seed parent:
20130610-203130.jpg

The pollen parent:
20140602-195352-71632687.jpg

How do you qualify? If you have been the recipient of any of my giveaways in the past 2 months, you do not qualify. You must have prior experience growing Nepenthes from seed, and by that I mean you must have sufficient experience to have raised plants to adulthood. The act of simply germinating the seeds to the cotyledon stage does not count. Third, you must give something away to the community in return. I expect you to offer something interesting than D. capensis seed or the like, and you must conduct the giveaway in the next 14 days. "I will hopefully have plants of *fill in the blank* in the next few months!" does not count either. I will select the first person I feel qualifies.

*indicates that pyrifomis is its presumed ID, not confirmed in any way. It was sold to me as N. inermis from seed, but clearly shows N. talangensis properties.

Sadness, has it been two months yet?

Oh, what the hell.......I never sign up for these things. Put me down please !

I have experience growing Nepenthe seeds to adult plants. I have several N. Miranda plants grown from cuttings I can give away if Im chosen.

Thanks
wes

Nope, sorry. I don't believe you meet the criteria for condition #2 yet either.

Sadness, oh well. With such pretty parents the offspring are bound to be beautiful

Last edited:
I'd love to try some more Nep seeds but I may or may not meet the requirements, I'll leave my 2 cents and you can figure it out.

I have only had success with 2 Nep species to pitchers from seed so far, so not a lot.

We try really hard not to mail any plants out in the hot TX summer, but I have a good giveaway history so it is up to you if that buys me some extra time to run the giveaway. Unless things outgrow there living space too much we won't be doing any more shipping until mid late Sep or so.

Offer concluded, thank you for your interest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back