What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC 2009 Board elections

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everyone, the Board of Directors election time is rolling around for the NASC. There's a number of positions for you all to consider. Anyone can be nominated, so if you're interested, attend the elections meeting (details below.)

Here are the positions and descriptions:

President:
- Supervises and controls all of the business and affairs of the Corporation
- Presides over meetings
- Signs any contracts or and other Board-authorized documents

Vice President:
- Chairs committees on special subjects as designated by the Board of Directors.
- Keeps records for the Growers, Research and Conservancy Committees (and other committees as they're made.) All records are supplied by their respective committees.
- Presides over meetings in the President's absence

Secretary
:
- Generates agendas and minutes and posts them to the website in a timely manner
- Must attend all meetings or have someone send a meeting log or do the minutes. Secretary is responsible for checking minutes before posting.
- Serves as a holder of official Board documents and records. Includes Board membership forms, land surveys, etc.

Treasurer:
- Maintains all financial records and holdings for the NASC
- Writes checks for reimbursement, donations from the organization, etc
- Keeps Board appraised of financial status

Head of Conservation
:
- Maintains Land Survey Forms
- Finds and contacts organizations in regards to habitat destruction
- Interacts with parties interested in Sarracenia
- Knowledge of Sarracenia and their habitats are essential to this position

Head of PR & Education:
- Responsible for leading Education committees
- Serves as editor/fact checker for the NASC newsletter the Drummondii
- Heads outreach and eduction efforts including the creation of educational and advertisement materials

The Head of Plant Material Programs:
- Serves as the administrator of the NASC Growing Program and NASC Seed Bank.
- Oversees all members of the Growers Committee enforcing all NASC policies and procedures related to the management of NASC Sarracenia propagation
- Directs, tracks and monitors the location distribution and physical disbursement of all material (plants and seeds,) ensuring that NASC plant material is placed into decentralized growing sites
- Collects and maintains all relevant/required data via complete and accurate records of all NASC material (plants and seeds).

Member At Large
:
- Duties are assigned by the Board as needed
- Offers a skill set or authority that would be beneficial to the NASC
- Need not be “Sarracenia-savvy”

To Nominate someone
:
Make sure they are interested in participating, post their name in this thread.

To Vote
:
All members are welcome to attend the meeting to vote. If you'd like to become a member see the NASC website or contact me and I'll give you a hand.

The meeting will be held on January 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM Central. We use AOL Instant Messenger for our meetings at this time. If you would like to attend, contact myself or any other Board member (Xvart, PlantAKiss, Schloaty, Ozzy, etc,) and we will send you an invite at the meeting time. If you are unable to attend the meeting and would like to vote/make a nomination, please contact me. If you would like to volunteer in any other capacity, please message me or any of the other Board members listed.

Thanks for looking! Please let me know if you have any questions or require clarification.

--Jonathan Treffkorn
NASC Secretary

My nominations are:

President:
Arthur Yin

Vice President:

Secretary
:

Treasurer:

Dave Schloaty (Schloaty)

Head of Conservation
:

Mark Todd (Ozzy)

Head of PR & Education:

Jonathan Treffkorn (Est)

The Head of Plant Material Programs:

J.C. Stoner (Xvart)

Member At Large
:

Greg Nevels

Not to late to step up to the plate for conservation of Sarracenia!

Back