What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. singalana x hamata

Great looking pitcher! Thanks for the update.

So, remember that "all green" N. singalana X hamata seedling I posted last week? Well, here is what it looks like this morning:
sing-hamata-07.jpg

This is what it looked like two days after opening:
sing-hamata02a.jpg

That's a bit of a change, huh?!

Very nice, Paul. Surprised how different the form of the overall pitcher is, too. I guess I should know this by now, but are our plants from tissue culture or were they seed grown?

It is my understanding that the current lot of N. hamata crosses (all from BE?) are seed grown, and so we can expect variation between the individuals. That is why I bought two, in spite of the hefty price tag ;-) My two plants have noticeable differences in their pitcher morphology.

That colored up a lot....

Still pretty light coloration in comparison to the other plants. Those teeth though... they're huge already!

Sup guys.

DSCN7475.jpg

Mine may be a little runt still, but it's got a lot of pitchers!

DSCN7450.jpg

How's yalls? :-D

pshhh nothing like that. Mine has actually been producing smaller leaves since I repot it, so I'm just waiting for the spurt to happen (or the implosion).

Whimsters... OMG I want!! :drool:

Make me regret not jumping on these plants when I had the chance...

These are turning out to be extremely promising, eh Dex?! Glad I got two!

I am soooo glad I was told I am getting one of these!! I was informed I will be getting one once they are ready. He had enough!

Hey pineapple not sure if you are on the pro boards fourm but DM84 has some. If you are interested I can give you his email.

Hey pineapple not sure if you are on the pro boards fourm but DM84 has some. If you are interested I can give you his email.

Thanks, but I think I'd pass on that for now. I want to save everything I can to purchase the neps at my local nursery. I don't really like spending over $30 on a single Nep, or any plant for the matter. I'll let you know if I change my mind though, but thanks so much!! :)

Here's mine: Lost its pitchers when I got it, and this is the first one in my care:

cp-jun2012-singxham001.jpg

@brokken: very nice plant. I'm getting the impression that, because this is a primary hybrid, these are fairly uniform in appearance. Aside from subtle differences in pitcher opening shape, mine are very similar. I think one is going to be a bit larger as it matures, but at this stage it's hard to say. Please post another photo when that pitcher has colored up! The peristome is sure to turn almost black!

http://nitrogenseekers.wordpress.com

That's pretty dang hot there, brokken :ohno:

Niiiiice Brokken, that one is a beaut. I wonder if it will keep those splotches as it colors up. I like the burgundy color of mine but it has very little patterning once it achieves full color.

DSCN7525.jpg

DSCN7526.jpg

Back