What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. singalana x hamata

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
I could not even properly wait until it opened all the way. :laaa:

DSCN6812.jpg

I see teeth! :-D

DSCN6813.jpg

For me it has been growing, not like a weed, but very steadily, inflating every tendril it has.

DSCN6815.jpg

I know they're small, but I'd love to see others'. :banana2:

Last edited:
She's got teeth! Very nice little plant, I love how the dentition on hamata hybrids is so understated.

She's got teeth! Very nice little plant, I love how the dentition on hamata hybrids is so understated.

Thanks! I'm guessing that they wont be very understated in this cross.

I was thinking about it and singalana x hamata represents pretty much the first cultivated cross between two legitimately toothy species ! :-D

Very Cute! I love N. hamata hybrids :)

O.M.G.! So nice! teeeettthhhh :drool:

Very jealous, Dex. Yours is growing way faster than mine. I'm too embarrassed to even post a pic of it after seeing yours.

Very jealous, Dex. Yours is growing way faster than mine. I'm too embarrassed to even post a pic of it after seeing yours.

Oh come now, mine is only 3" in diameter. :lol:

gonna be nice to watch that nep mature

Wow man i'm majorly jealous! Keep us updated for sure

that is very cool. I have been very tempted to pickup some of the hamata hybrids that are out there but I am way to worried that I am going to just kill the plant.

Thanks everyone! :-D

The nursery I got this from appears to be out of stock, sooo there's gotta be some more of these out there.

Anyone else get one? I know Mato did, any others?

I did too but mine lost all its pitchers when I got it. It hasn't grown any new ones since I got it about a month ago.

Well, I take back my original post on this thread. I decided to stick my head into the grow rack today and see if I could find any pitchers that were growing out of view, and sure enough, the singalana x hamata was indeed growing a pitcher after all. I never saw it because it had developed within a mound of live sphagnum, which I removed for the photo.

IMG_4243.jpg

Looks good to me! :-D

I want a hamata, but they're like $200. :jester: :down:

Them's some naice teeth :drool:

A new pitcher on mine, barely colored up yet:
singalana-hamata-2.jpg

Back