What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris_Himself

Nep'tard
So lately I've been on TF chat talking about this big Miranda I had that I just needed to get rid of. I threw it outside just to get rid of it and I didn't really have any concern if it'd live or not. It's been there for a week, I went on a trip to LA for the weekend and left it out there with no water either...

It's pretty much in full sun for most of the day...

IMG_0721.jpg

So I check on it today, it managed to sprout a basal in the time it's been out there:
IMG_0736.jpg

And not only has the sun been fueling it's new growth, but it went from catching no insects to having this black pool of liquid in it's pitchers!
IMG_0734.jpg

I may just convert to full-outdoor growing with these results...

Anyways here are some pictures of the Sarrs...
IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

S. Rubra is very sensitive to hard water. Do not mess around with it at all with these guys, my other plants are doing fine sadly...
IMG_0724.jpg

Super awesome S. Minor
IMG_0728.jpg

S. Leuco x Oreo
IMG_0726.jpg

S. Flava 'Cuprea'
IMG_0727.jpg

S. x Cobra Nest
IMG_0729.jpg

S. x Moorei
IMG_0725.jpg

S. Flava
IMG_0730.jpg

This will make you laugh.

This was my entire CP collection as of a year ago, no Neps
IMG_0593.jpg

4192_180952610701_509890701_6932079_1475156_n.jpg

Anyone in my area who would like to stop by and say hi and have a look at the plants is more than welcome to PM me! They're sitting outside in my alley along with my veggie garden!

Chris

"Hi."

:-))

i would love to come visit someday when im free!

I'll take your miranda if you really want to get rid of it.

Nice plants too.

why try to kill a perfectly healthy plant, trade for a sar in those gardens???

I need to put my Nepenthes 'Gentle' out there too, it became rootbound in the 3" square pot literally months after I got it. These darn Maxima hybrids do not quit.

i would love to come visit someday when im free!

Dude the 40+ minute drive is not worth seeing a bunch of mediocre looking plants in my driveway plus the like 15 neps I have in my care. Half of them aren't even done making the first pitchers of the season due to the growth explosion from the tempurature rise lately.

Back