What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.inermis x bongso update thread

G'day everyone,

As you may remember, my N. inermis x bongso was burnt about a year ago when it was accidentally sprayed with bleach. It had been an unwell plant when I received it and had also been in the process of acclimatising. Imagine my surprise then when it managed this spring to put out a new, crisp, green leaf and a trap! (the first in my care).

A testament surely to the hardiness of the plant.

I thought I would post update pics then of the plant so people can see the colouration of the traps as it occurs and also so that new growers can see visual evidence that perserverence pays off withs neps!

opening_trap_by_happy_gnome.jpg

another_by_happy_gnome.jpg

More to come!

Very nice. :) Mine is looking quite sad right now. :<

nice plant! I hope to get N. bonso next year, but not inermis x bongso. Looks very interesting.

Cool! Looks quite good for something that got burnt by bleach :)

Dang; I ought to avoid threads with photos of inermis x bongso... really makes me kick myself for losing it!

I like your dreads gnome! Assuming that is you?

Capensis: Stay with it! As you can see, patience is a virtue with this one.

Jeff: Thankyou, yes, it is certainly me. A few years old now, so you will have to imagine about another four inches of dread at the bottom!

Back