What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My turn to brag (ventricosa x TM)

Yeah, yeah, all I do is post pics of my plants, sue me (well not really).

I'm really liking this wide, nearly flourescent green model:
P1120650.jpg

but this red, lowii-like version is nice too:
P1120620.jpg

Just hanging with a maxima x TM (on the left)
P1120628.jpg

and the TC version (Sabre)
P1120608.jpg

*TM = xTrusmadiensis

The peristomes on those are wicked :D Great color variations there!

Those are some wicked plants, dude!

OMG I love the green one! You don't usually see them in that color. :love:

:drool:
Lovely plant!
The peristome looks like a lot of rings placed next to eachother, neat! I really love this plant's pitchers!

Wow, nice.

But i am still a "RED" junkie... love the red ones :D

more please,

i wouldn't call it bragging , if your like me most around me don't understand the addiction to these cool plants, so this is a great place to share and see others successes, and gather info, so brag on if you want to call it that.
and we'll enjoy the pics.
i like them all but would like to try one of the green ones:-O, its really cool.

Certainly worth bragging over; thanks for sharing!

Post and brag away. There can never be too many pic threads. I love to look at cp pics. I really like the first pitcher, it's amazing.

Thanks everybody. Here's the lower pitcher from "that green one":
EP2008.jpg

And another promising clone:
P1120828.jpg

and Sabre made a few more buddies:
P1120816.jpg

Last edited:
Those are all great looking!

Do you grow yours as highlands?

Pretty much. I grow them in a greenhouse, so they are somewhat subjected to southern California conditions. I do have a swamp cooler, but no heating. So they don't get enough light/heat in the winter, but they survive and even manage to grow slowly. Winter temps are usually upper 40s to low 70s, but can approach freezing and even get a couple days of frost in the front yard (only once in the back yard in the 20 years I've lived here - no greenhouse at the time and some very unhappy plants). It usually drops down at least into the mid 60s at night during the summer, except for the hottest few weeks.

I just like this picture of a lower pitcher from one clone and the upper pitcher from another. the upper pitcher is actually bigger in this case.
P1130049.jpg

cant wait till my vent x TM gets uppers!

Mine is hanging in there. I have resorted to putting my highlands and helis into an ice filled cooler each night since we have had above 70 nights for months it seems. My vent x xTM is too big to fit so it is looking rough at the moment. I don't recall having this problem last year. Sadly, I am starting look forward to fall.

Beautiful pitchers!

Gotta love TM hybrids. Truly among the best imo.

Great pics. Very cool plants!

Nearly 3 weeks without another picture!!!! I'll have to remedy that. These are from the same plant.
P1130098.jpg
P1130099.jpg

P1130264.jpg

Back