What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Grow Box

Hey all, just wanted to share one of my setups. If anybody has any questions I would be happy to elaborate on particularities. The LEDs are 1:2 ratio of cool white to warm white, with one neutral white for viewing pleasure. I fertilize with coffee every 1-2 months. Sphagnum is slowly turning red/orange now that winter is here. Humidity in the room hovers around 35-45 percent (I live in Tucson AZ where its dry!), though relative humidity in the box I am sure is a bit higher. I believe the high light levels and broad spectrum help harden the sphagnum in such low humidity.

Today

Roughly 2 months ago when the sphagnum was more on the green side.

Last edited:
Fantastic setup man. Such a nice table. I would love to have that as a table in the living room. lol! A mound of live sphagnum with nepenthes on it....how much better can it get? :D

Looks amazing!

Fantastic setup man. Such a nice table. I would love to have that as a table in the living room. lol! A mound of live sphagnum with nepenthes on it....how much better can it get? :D

You can definitely achieve this haha! Its a low tech setup.

Thanks guys!

Beautiful setup!

That box is absolutely gorgeous!

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's incredible. What neps do you have in there? They look awesome for such a low humidity

That's incredible. What neps do you have in there? They look awesome for such a low humidity

Maxima x aristo, spath x dubia, lowii x camp, (spath x aristo) x lowii, izu x (trun x camp), Belli x (thor x aristo), Burkei x hamata, vent x ramispina. I think. Actually a burb x eddy in the back now.

- - - Updated - - -

I did make this little update showing off the neps in the box currently if you guys wanna see!

Maxima x aristo, spath x dubia, lowii x camp, (spath x aristo) x lowii, izu x (trun x camp), Belli x (thor x aristo), Burkei x hamata, vent x ramispina. I think. Actually a burb x eddy in the back now.

- - - Updated - - -

I did make this little update showing off the neps in the box currently if you guys wanna see!

So all highlands, right? Hybrids, but highlands. That should explain the low humidity tolerance. Awesome adaptation. Gonna use it as an inspiration if you don't mind.

How many times do you mist it during the day?

So all highlands, right? Hybrids, but highlands. That should explain the low humidity tolerance. Awesome adaptation. Gonna use it as an inspiration if you don't mind.

How many times do you mist it during the day?

I am glad they can be an inspiration. I also have some other species doing well to. One being vent porcelain (known for being fussy).I think the LED's I have (being really bright) make them a bit more resistant to low humidity, just speculation though. I don't really mist them often. I have them going on drips. I will reveal how I water when I have time to photo the rest of my setup.

Back