What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Although this isn't my first post here on the forums it is my most comprehensive so far. Even though I've just recently become interested in cp's the generousity of the members of this forum and community in general have been wonderful. My first four plants were purchased from californiacarnivores.com and the rest of my collection to date has been given to me by Pyro here on the forums. As I dont know much about the care of these plants and am a bit of a slow learner, I figured I'd post up what I currently have going and leave it open for suggestions. All the plants are in some combination of sphagnum peat moss and Perlite as suggested by Pyro and the black tray they are in is kept 1/2" full of R.O. water. The shoplight suspended 9" off the pots has two Phillips F32T8/DX 32Watt 6500K bulbs in it. (when I add more dart tanks to the bottom shelf the light will go back up to 19" off the pots) Room conditions are 73-65F day/night @ ~43%rh at the tray

Now on to the pictures

Generously shared with my by Pyro here on the forums and in my care since Feb 2nd

U. calycifida 'Aseneth Waite'
img2668sa5.jpg

U. calycifida 'Mrs. Marsh'
img2669hh1.jpg

D. capensis
img2670tg5.jpg

N. ventricosa
img2671av2.jpg

Cephalotus
img2672fg6.jpg

P. 'Aphrodite'
img2673zh3.jpg

P. 'Titan'
img2674bw9.jpg

P. agnata 'CSUF'
img2675ix7.jpg

P. esseriana or jauvamensis
img2676ka2.jpg

more in next post

In my care since Jan 10th

U. sandersonii
img2677lr3.jpg

P. x 'John Rizzi'
img2678ss2.jpg

P. agnata x moranensis
img2679gb3.jpg

P. moranensis A
img2680vs3.jpg

P. x 'sethos'
img2681pf7.jpg

Poison frogs/Carnivorous plant rack
img2683iw3.jpg

img2665er0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good start!

Yes, it looks like you are off to a good start. You also have a nice grow setup with the shelving and the glass enclosures. Time to expand!

xvart.

thanks, hopefully I can keep them all alive! The glass tanks are actually for these guys.

img2379pk3.jpg

img2597uu2.jpg

img2391qg9.jpg

img2344tz0.jpg

picture3376c62aee1hz5.jpg

Beautiful!!:-O

Wow! Very nice!

do dart frogs have the sticky pads tree frogs have? i didnt thingk they did... or do they just kinda stick like any thing wet does. they are very pretty!!
Alex

The finger and toe tips have glandular adhesive pads that help the poison arrow frog in climbing and clinging to leaves and branches. thanks :)

Those frogs are amazing!!!!!!!! :-O

ahhh, yes, poison dart frogs are great, in fact, a couple of years ago when i was in charge of a schools new Cp tank, i was also resonsibly for most of the car of there poison dart frog tank as well.

Nice start.

Looks like you have Dendrobates azureus. I love those guys.

Many times when I've been to reptile shows and they have them there, I pick them up thinking of buying 2 or 3, then remembering I have no room for a set up for them. :-(

Maybe someday when I get a bigger house.................

WOW great setup!

Beautiful! They are the cutest things!

Thanks! I've got three more coming this week :-D frogs that is

Back