What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May be in a world of hurt..

You guys warned me.. but I didn't listen. After dumping 1000 capensis seeds into one pot 2 weeks ago, I found this tonight.

100_2895.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2894.jpg

:-))
fool!

I can't wait to see more pics as it progresses.

A thousand!!! Wow!

:-))

I can't wait to see this!

They'll grow up, nice and dense. Many will be choked out.

WORLD DOMINATION!
creepshow-stephen-king.jpg

Curious: Any humidity dome in those 2 weeks? Or just real wet peat?

ROFLMAO.. no dome, just setting in a tray of water in my grow box. 14 hours of stong light at 75deg. and 85% humidity provided by an ultra sonic fogging humidifier.

I imagine that root space will be at a premium. When the survivors grow up there might just be roots in the pot.

I do plan on separating them at a reasonable size..

That's going to be a sweet sea of green there! I got a good little patch going right now too, but only more like fifty or sixty.

dont worry, i dumped a thousand or so into a single pot, even if you dont want it to happen youll have quite a bit of die off, and even then you can just start repotting them carefully as they start getting older...be warned on the seeds, they can and will sprout on almost any kind of soil....ive had em pop up in my yard over the summer, thankfully in an area i could easily remove them and the rest if any seedlings remained were frozen to death in winter...this was 2 seasons ago though lol so i know they are gone xD

One time I had a D. burmanii seedpod fall, and I didn't see it. Until a mass of seedlings sprouted. It was funny!

hmm.. i dont see the problem ???

I think its kinda cool, You will end up having a pot of dazzling dews..

I did the same thing a couple of years ago, and it was fun to watch them compete for the space. Each individuals growth was certainly stunted compared to the plants that were quickly transplanted into a larger pot.

Back