What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would love to add this to my small terrarium as my lone sundew since I lost my only D. falconeri quite some time ago before it could really take off. I have several different plants available for trade:

N. burbidgeae
N. talangensis
N. maxima
N. tobaica
N. bicalcarata
N. ephippiata
N. singalana

Let me know!

maxima and bicalcarata are the only lowlanders there right?

maxima is highlander :)

hmm.. i thought maxima could be lowlander/intermediate/highland

Maxima (and alata) can be whatever it wants depending on the geotype

Well N. tobaica is a bit of an intermediate. And I'd say that maxima can tolerate lowland temps well. All those highlanders haven't been doing the best...

So does this mean you have a D. falconeri for trade? :-O

yah, I have a few pretty nice ones.. but I already have bical and maxima doesn't interest me :(

You could take one of the highlanders and re-trade it for a lowlander. I've done that before.

yah, I have a few pretty nice ones.. but I already have bical and maxima doesn't interest me :(

Dang, there must be SOMETHING we can work out. Hmmmmm...I forgot to mention that I have a vigorous N. 'Wrigleana' (sp?). Would that interest you?

EDIT: I also have a young basal shoot of N. spathulata and a young N. northiana.

I would love to add this to my small terrarium as my lone sundew since I lost my only D. falconeri quite some time ago before it could really take off.
FWIW, while definitely a unique / beautiful plant, you will likely be frustrated in your efforts (again) if you do not provide for it's requirements ....

FWIW, while definitely a unique / beautiful plant, you will likely be frustrated in your efforts (again) if you do not provide for it's requirements ....

lol i find the species just plain frustrating :grin: i got one awhile back and it started shrinking..............about the time i decided it was going to die i got a chance to get some others fresh out of TC so i grabbed them.....as soon as i got the others here the one i originally had started growing again, doubling in size in a week........ive been told that this species does its own thing, much more so than some of the others of the complex and may decide to put itself into dormancy at the drop of a hat and do so several times throughout the year even if conditions dont change. i dont have extras at the moment though i do have more than one plant. until i get a good handle on the species i dont want to trade away what plants i have.......maybe next year

PM sent

Back