What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping the Birds away. Tips??

I just started collecting CP's last summer. This spring I am having a real problem with the Birds. I lost a Cobra Plant that I got from Lowes. By the time I got home it was dried up on the ground.:censor::censor: Any tips on keeping the Birds away. They seem to like the LF Sphagnum Moss. I have Chicken wire around them right now. That keeps the squirrels out but not the Birds.

During nest-building season (now), they can be a real problem. When I staked out my bog many years ago to find the culprits, most were robins looking for nesting material. The uprooted CPs were just in the wrong place as the birds only wanted the LFS.

I ended up using the thin black plastic mesh sold to drape over fruit trees & berry bushes to protect the fruit from the birds. I never did find anything that was more aesthetically pleasing.... ???

You could probably install a water sprinkler attached with a motion detector sensor. That way everytime squirrels and bids get to close they get scared. Plus I think it looks better than chicken wire. Hope this helps

One grower used CDs hung on fishing line to scare the birds away. You could probably try along with whatever else you're recommended.

BB Gun..

Back