What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am in the process of creating itineraries for different trips to see carnivorous plants in the wild here in the US. I'm designing the trips based on the wants of others as I likely will be leading groups of people to see these plants. They won't be able to collect seed, cuttings, or any plant material during the trips and no GPS data will be allowed to be taken by anyone. In fact many of the sites the people will be blindfolded about 10-15 minutes prior to arrival to prevent the exact location from being discovered. This is for the protection of the plants and their habitats. Anyway, those are just the rules being imposed on those wanting to go.

My question to you all is if you had to prioritize seeing only three particular types of plants in the wild here in the US which would you choose? Please be as specific as possible in your answer.

Example: I would want to see Sarracenia flava var. atropurpurea, Drosera filiformis var. tracyi, and Utricularia inflata.

Once I have these trips organized there will be a more formal announcement with regards to how to sign up for these trips. This post is to gauge interest and help me figure out where these trips will be taking place. If there is a particular place you want to visit feel free to mention that as well.

Thanks!

Dionaea, S.leucophylla and S.oreophilla.

Anyone else care to help me out by answering my question...

S. oreophila, P. ionantha, S. jonessi

This sounds like a great idea.

I would really enjoy the prospect of an Appalachian mountains expedition, where one could see Sarracenia jonesii, S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana, and possibly S. oreophila, along with the other CPs found alongside them.

I've always wanted to see S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana

Back