What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify these 'dews

This is part of my 'pot of unknown seedings + D. scop. + B. liniflora':
6qz56t.jpg

I'd like to try to get IDs on the pygmies, at least. I know the tall pygmies are D. scorps, and the two skinny looking things are B. liniflora. Any chance these photos are good enough to ID the others? I have absolutely no idea.

Here's a close up of the pygmies:
nd96yc.jpg

I also have this little 'dews, which I originally purchased from Lowes. I know we have a sticky on them, but I wasn't sure what they were. They're basically all smaller than a dime. I've had them since last June and never seen one get bigger. I'm not sure they like my conditions, but, in repotting them yesterday, I saw that they send runners out to make new plants once the 'parent' gets about the size of 1/4 a dime.
2ic8w9c.jpg

Thanks!

Second photo looks like D. auriculata/peltata/hookeri to me. If they are you don't want to repot them until they form tubers. D. rotundastickya for sure.

No idea on the small ones. Could be D. adelae if they are putting out tons of runners. And these are sold at garden centers being in mass tissue culture. They don't do well outside their sweet spot conditions.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.

They're not D. adelae. I have lots of those - regular and big red - definitely not these. These have inverted, little wedge shaped leaves. I assumed they'd be TCed D. spats, but they haven't grown, which is shocking.

You might have a stray D. indica or B. liniflora.

You might have a stray D. indica or B. liniflora.

I do know that I have a couple B. liniflora in the pot. I had originally put that seed in there, but then, once it wasn't germinating, added the D. scorps. As I acquired more plants through trade with soil on them, I started noticing some germinating 'dews in pots of other things. As a result, I started repotting germinating 'dews into this one. So now I have quite a collection of things. I'm just happy that most of the germinating plants don't seem to have been D. capensis. Already trying to get rid of some of those.

Back