What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID these two Neps pleeze...

Fryster

--Freedom Czar--
This is a cutting I received from JLaP last Fall. He didn't remember what is was, so it has gone unidentified all this time. I'd like to put a species label on it.

I would think that this would be an easy ID for all you Nep experts out there. ;)

And, the other is a rather young Nep that is a Lowe's rescue from about 6 weeks ago. This Nep wasn't in one of those big cubes 'o death, rather in one of the smaller ones that you see VFT's and sundews in...

I actually got it from the "clearance" table for $1.50 ‼ It struggled to acclimate at first and lost some brown leaves but now it is really taking off! :D It's putting out such tiny pitchers that are just oh-so-cute..... (most likely a Judith Finn, wouldn't you say?)

the first is probably that Gublers hybrid that has maxima in it. the other parent is unknown. the second isnt judith finn. the leaf shape is wrong. i would say its just the ventricosa/ ventrata they have there. just very very young.

Alex

Anyone else have any ideas??

I'd really like to lable these two Neps.

I agree with Alex on the maxima hybrid and the smaller nep as not being N. x 'Judith Finn'.

After looking thru pics at Humbolt again; perhaps the hybrid is part N. adnata too??

The young plant on the right looks fairly simliar to a Ventricosa I recently received, and the biggest pitcher that is developing has "alataish" angularity to its pitcher, so I would tend to agree with Glider.

The second plant could also be a Nepenthes Gracilis, couldn't it?

I have this plant and got it from Lowe's as well; early last week. Your picture looks very similar to what mine does, right down to the spiky "hairs" on the forming leaf (the curly not-yet-formed leaf overlapping the stem).

This one isn't the one I have, but the pitchers on the one pictured are identical to my developed pitcher. http://www.carnivorousplants.org/seedbank/species/Images/N_gracilis.jpg

I was beginning to think that it's Gracilis too just by comparing online photos.

It has grown a bit more since that photo, at least coloring up a bit more.

I think that I'll post a new photo of it when I get home from work...

Latest pic........................

(perhaps a Sang?)

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

not a sang...but i dont think its ventricosa or ventrata either...its too slender. i dont really know what to think about it ???

Alex

Back