What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think the Sarlacc from "Star Wars" is the most fearsome creature ever imagined

Yeah, I meant to try to bite the outside of a balloon.

The clip is certainly staged, but large enough pitchers certainly can catch mice. There have been too many accounts for it to be otherwise.

I think an encounter with the super-devil would be the most horrifying.

rlrkeooa.jpeg

"Vatican scientists announced today that the devil is not the greatest threat to salvation, due to last weeks discovery of the super-devil (pictured right). As you can see, there are some significant differences. The super-devil is at least 6 inches taller, has a flying motorcycle, and a jar of marmalade that is believed to force you to commit adultery."

i wasn't disagreeing with you capensis, just stating my opinion :D

now, the super-devil, that's something we should worry about! look how passive the devil looks compared to his counterpart. Plus he has adultery-inducing marmalade!
However, one to really fear is Jesse Jackson, I'd swear he's a cross between the devil and a california rasin, scary!

You know. On second thought, I take that back. Tyranids are the second most fearsome creature.

But the most fearsome is her:
motivator6577817e382f8446d14409e4b7.jpg

For some reason, I can't find a picture of her being psychotic/sadistic.

...No, I am not obsessed with Touhou. > >

rlrkeooa.jpeg

"Vatican scientists announced today that the devil is not the greatest threat to salvation, due to last weeks discovery of the super-devil (pictured right). As you can see, there are some significant differences. The super-devil is at least 6 inches taller, has a flying motorcycle, and a jar of marmalade that is believed to force you to commit adultery."

LOL. That's just great.

rlrkeooa.jpeg

LOL, I think I'll fear Meg before I fear the Super Devil and the Sarlacc

Tyranids are awesome!!! You read / play Warhammer 40K? I love that stuff!

I'm reading Scourge the Heretic by Sandy Mitchell now (well reading it on break at work). I must have read 30 or more of those WH40K novels. This one isn't one of my faves, it seems a bit cliched - like the author is borrowing a lot of elements from other more exceptional WH novelists like Dan Abnett - his Eisenhorn and Ravenor inquisitor novel series are fantastic, I didn't think I'd like them but I really did.

My faves are the novels geared towards the Chaos legions and especially the ones showcasing members of the Adeptus Mechanicus (the cybernetically augmented priest caste):

Cyrrik_Scayl_bradbury.jpg

Not scary really, just cool! :D

though why the character above has an icon of the Inquisition on his belt and not the Mechanicum of Mars is a wonder to me.... I want some silver pants that are printed to look like pneumatic piping!

The best (only?) Warhammer 40K inspired Death Metal album is Bolt Thrower Realm of Chaos. All songs & the intro are Warhammer inspired, all artwork is from the original generation of Warhammer artwork back in 1987 or so The cover of the record is even the cover of the original Rogue Trader Warhammer 40K rules book! The record albums gatefold sleeve opened to a showdown between Space Marines in Terminator armor and Genestealers and Tyranids. It's still my all time fave DM record combing some of my fave things: Warhammer 40K and groovy midpaced death metal with lyrics you can understand about cool stuff, like Warhammer 40K!

Just in time for H1N1 we have Bolt Thrower Plague Bearer (circa 1989):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyj8H-ovKU

You may commence headbanging NOW!:rookwoot:

When did fearsome man eating organism turn into "Whats the scariest thingy"??What about triffids xP haha Do you guys wished that you'd have a mini triffid that you can take for a walk?I do

Tyranids are awesome!!! You read / play Warhammer 40K? I love that stuff!

I don't, but my brother is really into it. He's bought several books and he plays Dawn of War a lot. :p He's also gotten me to play Dark Heresy, which is a Dungeons and Dragons version of Warhammer 40K. I have to admit, though, I had a lot of fun scenarios. LOL. And I played one with Tyranids, too. Necron Warriors are just cheap, haha.

I collected the miniatures and painted them for years as a kid. After I found the Bolt Thrower LP I went looking for the Warhammer miniatures and books the record was based around. I never got to play though cos everyone around here was into playing D&D. Bah where's the art and creativity with rolling dice? I may as well be gambling! With Warhammer I can paint up my armies and monsters and daemons and send them to war against your army. Alas I only got to paint armies.

But I always loved the backstory of the Warhammer universe and was thrilled to find they were doing books of just the artwork and back stories cos I don't care about the game rules and such so it eliminates cluttering up my shelves with rules books just to have the artwork. Warhammer always had it's own style of far future sci-fi tech blended with gothic/dark ages terminology/worldview which I just dig as a combo. Would totally hate to actually live in the Warhammer universe though!

Went out to see "Sherlock Holmes" this afternoon..cool movie!
there was a preview for the new "Clash of the Titans" movie..
check out the critter at the end of the preview:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpZ5D_Wc4cA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpZ5D_Wc4cA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

anyone remember the 1980's version of Clash of the Titans?
man that was a cheezy movie..but fun!

Scot

Release the Kraken!

I like the way the movie looks except for the Kraken actually, I would say I prefer the original Kraken. I don't like the head/face of this one it's similar to the mountain trolls in LOTR - I didn't like the way the heads were done on those either. I wonder if it was done by the same designer? Whoever he is he needs to learn more about varying skull anatomy and planes of the face! LOL

Conan 1 and 2 and Clash of the Titans were some of my first movies along with SW. Been a fan of swords and sorcery movies ever since.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

...and Beastmaster!

Back