What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw a pest!! Help me ID it please

Today, i saw 1 red insect with 6 legs crawling at the bottom side of my nepenthes leaves. It is about 1.5 mm in size.what pest is that? How do i get rid of it??

so we have a color, size and number of legs :lol: how bout a few pictures?

It could be anything. And I'm sure there are many arthropods common in Singapore that are not familiar to people in more temperate climates.

Is it on the plants, the potting mix? Are there more than one of them? Dozens perhaps? Are they fast moving or slow? Does it jump away when disturbed? Possibly springtails if there are many of them and they jump away. If not, it could be anything.

How do you know its "a pest"?
99.9% of bugs wont harm your plant at all..

Scot

Yes, most insects do tend to have 6 legs :p
But yeah, what Scot said. It doesn't sound like it's definitely a pest, especially if you only noticed one of them. Is your nep showing any signs of demise or unhappiness?

It have been forming black patches on the leaves. I only see 1 on the leaves, properly there is more. I read about thrips and it kinda fit the description.

Back