What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humorous Things my 12yo Sister Says..

lizasaur

Charlatan
So, I have an adorable (albeit Amazon of a) sister.
And she's the stereotypical, "it's-not-cool-to-be-smart" kid.
Which leads to some pretty funny scenes.

Like this morning, when she was looking at my fish tank. She complimented my gorgeous Jack, and then asked if my female bichir had babies yet.
Me: No, not yet. I think she's a looong way off from that.
Her: But she's fatter than the other one! Ain't she pregnant?
Me: No...
Her: It looks pregnant, though!
Me: o_o most fish don't get pregnant.
Her: Yeah they do! How else they gonna have babies?
Me: These don't. The female lays the eggs first, and then...eh...
Her: And then babies is born!
Me: No! The female lays the eggs and then the male-
Her: Comes along and spermerizes them! That's right! Okay!
Me: >-< sure.

And if no one thought that was the least bit funny/cute/awkward, here's pictures of my lovely cuddlebugs:
10124_177361143968_787308968_3660110_5966569_n.jpg

10124_177337173968_787308968_3659697_842596_n.jpg

The lighter one is the male, and his name is General NomNoms. The darker one is the female, and her name is Sergeant NomNommed (I named her that before I knew she was a female, and because she had been badly om-nommed by oscars in the fishstore)
DSCF9488.jpg

i really wanted a pair of ornate bichirs. awesome fish.

Bichirs as a whole are are amazing.
And while I'll forever have a tank for these two, only Congos would do in my monster pool ;D

"And then the male comes and spermerizes them!" :-))

I'm the youngest, so my siblings just have a list of stupid ways I've hurt myself.

Yeah, bless her heart. She's just been giving us stuff to list since she popped out of the womb.
When she was young, she called garbanzo beans "bunions", ground beef is "Red squiggles", and her prior episode was on the 4th of July, when she declared that Independence Day is infact, and I quote "The day we got freed from the white man! Cause I'm black!"

"spermerizes" thats my new favorite word to decribe spawning. I will be sure to pass that along to my other fish friends.

when she declared that Independence Day is infact, and I quote "The day we got freed from the white man! Cause I'm black!"

Wow, that's like a whole layer cake of wrongness there.
~Joe

Nice pictures of the bichirs!

Mmmm... senegals. :D

Spermerizes... I'll be sure to remember that one. :-))

Back