What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

I found this site while looking for information on nepenthes and am so glad I did! I recieved a plant from a friend but she had no information on it other than it is a nepenthes variety. I'm not sure which one it is and how to best take care of it. (I will try and post some picture of the plant shortly). I have admired sarracenia purpurea for many years, but have never had the courage to try and set up a bog garden in my yard. I live north of Toronto and have seen this plant in the wild and think it is most beautiful. I guess my friend thought this plant would be an easier pitcher to care for...I guess only time will tell :blush: Anyhow, I'm happy to be here and can't wait to browse around :)
Trixie

Welcome to TerraForums, Trixie! :-D

:welcome:

We're glad you found it too :) See ya around!
Andrew

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF!

Hi! Welcome to TF! :wave: You'll love it here. x3

thanks for the warm welcomes! :)

Welcome Trixie!

Considering that S. purpurea grows natively in your area, I would draw courage from that and give it a shot. So long as the quality of your water is good (very soft and free from salts) and you provide it with lots of sunlight, it should do well for you - more so even than the Nepenthes - which will definitely need to be kept indoors at least part of the year.

Back