What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dante1709

Nepenthes newbie
Just wanted to introduce myself to you guys..
I'm just a teen from south-eastern Ontario that has recently gotten into nepenthes and CP's in general.

I currently have a ventricosa and I am planning on buying some artificial lights to grow more (sundews, maybe sarracenia..perhaps even orchids). I've always been interested in nature (more specifically, wildlife photography) and have experience with (non-carnivorous) plants. A trip to a local greenhouse got me into nepenthes and I've been immersing myself in information ever since.

Hi Dante,

I'm also located in Southern Ontario, currently Guelph, but my home base is Ottawa. What city are you located in?

If you haven't found it:

http://ocps.proboards.com/

Is basically the main trading/local discussion forum for Canada. There are also a couple places to buy Nepenthes and other CP's in Canada, Hawaiian Botanicals and The Urban Bog are the two big ones.

I'm also an amateur wildlife photographer, what kind of setup do you use/ what do you like to shoot?

~Gabriel

Welcome to terraforums! Hope you are able to find the forum helpful :)

Hi Dante,

I'm also located in Southern Ontario, currently Guelph, but my home base is Ottawa. What city are you located in?

If you haven't found it:

http://ocps.proboards.com/
Is basically the main trading/local discussion forum for Canada. There are also a couple places to buy Nepenthes and other CP's in Canada, Hawaiian Botanicals and The Urban Bog are the two big ones.

I'm also an amateur wildlife photographer, what kind of setup do you use/ what do you like to shoot?

~Gabriel

I'm in Windsor..
Since I'm rather young, and because I'm mainly in it for the nature aspect, my setup is a bit cheap..Canon SX30 IS with a Raynox DCR-250 for macros.. I'm planning on upgrading soon though.
If you care, here is my photography.

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TerraForums! If you've always been interested in nature, this is the right place for you!

Hah, I used to have an SX30 IS before I upgraded to my DSLR. It was a great camera, especially that amazing zoom. And it looks like you're getting really amazing results with it! I love the bird stuff!

Anyways, feel free to holler if you're looking for any plants. I think I'll have some spare Nepenthes in the spring that you can have.

Hello, nice to see another cp lover from Canada :-D Im from montreal!

And welcome to Terraforums, the biggest, the more active and the best cp forum on the internet !

Back