What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy ZombieJesus Day!

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet zombiejeebus I love calvin and hobbes!

"Calvin and Hobbes" and "The Far Side" were the best comics ever written, but in terms of plot, C&H takes the cake.

"The Far Side" is also an amazing comic. I have every comic of the far side and calvin and hobbes.

I have all the far sides in the two big books, but I don't have the C&H retrospectives yet.

I have all the far sides in the two big books, but I don't have the C&H retrospectives yet.

I've got the two big books next to the pooper right meow. They make me giggle..

People need to have a sense of humor. *shakes head*

And by pooper, you are referring to a giant jamban pitcher? :-))

i-X3jFFGJ.jpg

The thread has been reported, I personally don't take offense to it. If another mod does then it will be handled.

Oh I do hope that people learn to have a flippin sense of humor already and chillax about this thread! If lightning doesn't strike Mass down then I'd guess that Jesus DOES have a sense of humor and isn't too offended by this. If Jesus isn't offended then which of us should be? ??? And the Flying Spaghetti Monster reminds all of us that no institution no matter how large, popular, or revered should ever be above a little good hearted ribbing!

Of course, I love Far Side and C&H but doesn't anyone here love the Bloom County too?

oh i do hope that people learn to have a flippin sense of humor already and chillax about this thread! If lightning doesn't strike mass down then i'd guess that jesus does have a sense of humor and isn't too offended by this. If jesus isn't offended then which of us should be? ??? And the flying spaghetti monster reminds all of us that no institution no matter how large, popular, or revered should ever be above a little good hearted ribbing!

Of course, i love far side and c&h but doesn't anyone here love the bloom county too?

I like your avatar.

*edit

That was supposed to be all caps but it won't let me. :p How embarassing.

If lightning doesn't strike Mass down then I'd guess that Jesus DOES have a sense of humor and isn't too offended by this.

This is terrible logic. I suppose since Jesus doesn't strike down rapists, murderers, thieves, etc, he is fine with them right?

I'm not a very religious person, but I can see why people would be offended. If somebody you cared about recently passed away and somebody called them a rotting corpse, you would probably be upset too, despite the fact that it's true. There are just some things you don't poke around at, and peoples religions is one of those things.

It just amazes me how some people here are oblivious to why people would take offense to this, despite it being a joke.

If it is a literal attack on someone's religious belief then yea, I can understand why someone would take offense to that but why a mild joke? What if someone insulted the democratic party, would all the democrats the be offended by some mild joke? Mass was just making a small joke, not an attack on Christianity.

This is terrible logic. I suppose since Jesus doesn't strike down rapists, murderers, thieves, etc, he is fine with them right?

I'm not a very religious person, but I can see why people would be offended. If somebody you cared about recently passed away and somebody called them a rotting corpse, you would probably be upset too, despite the fact that it's true. There are just some things you don't poke around at, and peoples religions is one of those things.

It just amazes me how some people here are oblivious to why people would take offense to this, despite it being a joke.

+1

Just my humble opinion.... religion, politics, lifestyle, personal beliefs.... none of which should be the subject of jokes on "our" forum.

What's the old saying? Never call somebody's baby ugly.
The more serious people consider things the more likely they are to be offended by slights to it

Borrowed from someone very wise.... ;)

If it is a literal attack on someone's religious belief then yea, I can understand why someone would take offense to that but why a mild joke? What if someone insulted the democratic party, would all the democrats the be offended by some mild joke? Mass was just making a small joke, not an attack on Christianity.

Adding a grotesque image to a major Christian holiday is more than mild. I am not trying to say that Mass intentionally tried to offend people, however apparently people are offended by it instead of giving the whole, "just lighten up" garbage maybe you should try to look at it from their point of view.

Yea I agree, religion and such topics shouldn't even be on this forum. So any religious post whether it be a pro religion or anti religion post shouldn't be on here. But in the real word I think religion should be able to be criticized as anything else is.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Adding a grotesque image to a major Christian holiday is more than mild. I am not trying to say that Mass intentionally tried to offend people, however apparently people are offended by it instead of giving the whole, "just lighten up" garbage maybe you should try to look at it from their point of view.

The literal meaning of zombie is someone brought back from the dead, it isn't necessarily grotesque.

I understand why people would be offended, but they shouldn't be at all. Don't come into the thread if it offends you, stay away from it. If seeing the words "Zombie Jesus" offends you, you really have no place being on the internet. Be strong in your faith and be about your way instead of complaining about words typed onto a screen.

People have the right to call Jesus a zombie if they wish, if that's their belief, then so be it. I don't see how it's any fair to say your belief in Christ is any more important than anyone else's beliefs. Are you going to tell a Muslim or a Buddhist you're offended that they celebrate something else besides the rise of Jesus on Easter? Is that fair to ask them not to celebrate Easter in their own way?

Telling someone you've just offended to stop being offended is like apologizing by saying "I'm sorry you think I'm a jerk."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back