What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving away a division of my S. x readii - can you guess my favorite Czech beer?

Hi everyone, I've won quite a few giveaways here on TF and I'm finally able to give something back to the community.

I'm giving away a division of my S. x readii. You just need to guess my favorite Czech beer and paypal me (via gift) $7 for shipping (CONUS.)

I purchased this as my first carnivorous plant back in 2010 and it has grown into a monstrosity. This is the first time I've divided it. All of its pitchers are gorgeous, but the fall pitchers put on a beautiful pink show. It's a very vigorous plant and has produced pitchers over two feet tall regularly with the tallest clocking in at 28". It is a destroyer of flies.

I feel that it should be obvious, but I'll make it clear…below is a picture of the mother plant. You will be receiving a division of the below plant, not the entire plant...

DSC07754_zpscda7edb8.jpg

You can find plenty more pictures in my photo dump thread.

DISCLAIMER: I dislike having to have a disclaimer, but it would be wrong not to include one. I have had a problem with mealybugs on this plant. I have inspected the division being given away and have cleaned and washed it, however knowing these nasty bugs, it's still possible for them to slip through. The division is being shipped bare root, so I implore the winner to inspect the division very carefully before adding it to your collection. I wouldn't wish mealybugs on my worst enemy.

Rules:

1. You must be a relatively active member of TF, if all your posts are in the trading post you do not qualify.
2. You must be willing to paypal me (via gift) $7 for shipping within 24 hours of winning the giveaway. I want to get it shipped out ASAP.
3. You may guess once per hour, and you may only submit another guess after someone else has guessed (no consecutive posts.) As there are a finite number of Czech beers, I don't expect this giveaway to take very long (nor do I want it to as the division is already pulled from the plant.)
4. You have read and understand my disclaimer.
5. You must be located in the US.
6. You have not won my other giveaway on another forum.

Last edited:
Czechvar

Nope, but it is a good beer!

Last edited:
Every Czech beer I ever tried was good beer!

Ah yes, Pilsner Urquell, the classic Pilsner. Another delicious beer, but not my favorite.

Krusovice

Haha, you had that one stored and ready huh? 8:36-9:36.

Winna winna!

It's a tough call between Krušovice and Gambrinus, but since I can get Krušovice more easily right now it's the winner. PM me your address and I'll let you know my paypal.

Congrats SubRosa.

Hey, like you said, there aren't that many Czech beers available in the US to choose from, and you snooze you lose! Thanks for the nice offer, and the wonderful terms of winning! Pm sent.

Nice giveaway, both in plant and contest! #thumbsup

Thanks Corey!

SubRosa, your inbox is full.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have not received the $7 from SubRosa within 24 hours of informing him of my paypal information, nor has he responded to or met my extended deadline.

Pearldriver, since you were the 2nd person in this thread, I'd like to award you with the plant.

If Pearldriver does not claim the plant by 5pm PST (8pm EST) tomorrow (Sunday), the plant will go to whoever posts in this thread next.

Giving away plants shouldn't be headache inducing...

Last edited:
That poor plant ... now it's sad it wasn't claimed. .

poor plant, its like being called last at a pe class.

Dozer, if I don't hear back from Pearldriver the plant is yours. I know you'd give it a good home.

Thanks pearldriver, shipping payment has been received. I'll have the plant in the mail tomorrow.

Looks like it got there safe and sound. Give me an update on how it's doing this summer. :)

Back