What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion & Requests

2016 NASC Benefit Auction

[MENTION=11391]AnIsleAteHer[/MENTION] It's dried and sealed in resin. Ends on the 16th 10pm est.

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder, every year we have people wishing they would not have waited until the last minute to try and snipe that plant they really wanted only to find out someone out-sniped them :)

Also, remember to keep checking the last few pages. Some items just get pushed back and are the better "deals" of the auction.

You can subscribe to a thread and set notifications whenever someone replies (bids) on a thread.

That looks like an utricularia longifolia which actually belongs to the foliosa section

Could be, the mother plant is not growing like longifolia more like a hybrid or one of many orchidioides species out there. I've made no effort to ID once it was clearly not labeled correctly.

U. nephrophylla, red D. filiformis, and utrics/genlisea in general would be cool! :D

I miss all the Orchidoides Utrics that used to get auctioned!

Added a few Utrics. I've lost touch with a few of the Orchidioides growers over the last few years, e-mail accounts don't exist anymore and they are not posting anymore. I think we are just losing them to old age and health problems (like me).

Anyone have some live spaghnum to offer?

How about ant plants or seeds I would love to get some more

Added a few Utrics. I've lost touch with a few of the Orchidioides growers over the last few years, e-mail accounts don't exist anymore and they are not posting anymore. I think we are just losing them to old age and health problems (like me).

Yeah, I don't see nearly as many posting about them nowadays. Bummer because I finally have a few places (and space) where I can grow them better. I see Ron pop up here every so often, but I haven't exchanged emails with him in at least 3-4 years. The other folks with large collections of them haven't been around in an even longer time it seems. Hopefully, they are doing well and are just not active here anymore.

I'd like to see if anyone has some U. nelumbifolia to offer, P. primuliflora "Rose," or even some more small-ish ant plants.

Shipping available to CA, of course.

Are you planning on listing any of them in this auction? I would be interested in the blue agave and the one with the yellow stripe. Thanks

I only now saw this I assumed was addressed to me. I don't really want to list them. Two issues: 1.) I have no idea how to ship an Agave. They are pokey and dangerous and bulky. I'd have to give it a severe cutting job prior to shipping. 2.) My yellow stripers aren't exactly in the prettiest of states atm. I don't give much "help" to agave plants as they tend to be very hardy and hard to kill. I have a lot of really nice blues though.

Really though, if you want one, just PM me sometime and I'm sure we can work out something. If I can figure out how to box one safely I'd probably send you one for S&H.

Last edited:
I only now saw this I assumed was addressed to me. I don't really want to list them. Two issues: 1.) I have no idea how to ship an Agave. They are pokey and dangerous and bulky. I'd have to give it a severe cutting job prior to shipping. 2.) My yellow stripers aren't exactly in the prettiest of states atm. I don't give much "help" to agave plants as they tend to be very hardy and hard to kill. I have a lot of really nice blues though.

Really though, if you want one, just PM me sometime and I'm sure we can work out something. If I can figure out how to box one safely I'd probably send you one for S&H.

Thank you...I will be in touch!

Would anyone be interested in some Nuttallanthus canadensis seeds (pretty common wildflower)?

1648bf9158fb05d4044e1b8b596a2528.jpg

I say to go ahead and list them. No harm, no foul if the item gets no bids.

Requesting: Cool looking Pinguicula and Drosera. Specifically:

Pinguicula Gigantea or any hybrids of Gigantea

Drosera Ordensis + Derbyensis + Erythrorhiza subsp. Squamosa

You are in San Diego, but won't ship within Ca? If I were to bid and win would you be willing to bring it to a SDCPS meeting at Balboa park?

Last edited:
LOL, gotcha bro. Thanks for clearing that up. The May meeting is on the 28th. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Wow @ the price of U. nelumbifolia these days!!!! :0o::-O

Back