What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From a bugs point of view...

I wanted to try and see what a future victim of my plants voracious appetites might see before he wanders into a trap. I set my little 20$ camera down in the planter and managed to get a few shots that weren't so blurry.

I was particularly inspired by this rockin' Utricularia leaf in behind some sundews.

The D. graomogolensis is growing like a weed.

This was supposed to be a pic of the D. madagascariensis in the foreground, but I think the D. aliciea in the background stole the show.

I really think this point of view stuff is pretty cool and hopefully others have photos of this kind laying around to share here and keep it going! :-D

The pastel hues of these photos give them a sense of ethereal calm. How ironic.

Great shots!

Great photos, neat idea I like it a lot!!

Thanks.

--Paul

Finally got around to giving this idea another attempt. From a bug's point of view:

Coming in for a landing.

Beautiful pictures! Those are definitely some healthy plants you got

I found some that I have taken! These are from November.

DSCN9502_zps35b8cda2.jpg

DSCN9503_zpsa75ecda3.jpg

DSCN9551_zps2a4eac6b.jpg

Wow, the sand looks like snow in that first close-up. The flytrap looks like a seedling. And I really like the one looking down the pitcher. Here are a few of mine:
DSC_0090_1.jpg

DSC_0087_1.jpg

DSC_0089_1.jpg

wow great stuff guys! That towering forest of pitchers is particularly ominous and I have to agree with Tanukimo that the view into the pitcher is pretty cool!

@Tanikumo: what specie of dew is in the last take? Is that venusta?

It is but a baby flytrap amongst giant sarrs!

Yes Shortbus, it is Drosera venusta. They are a lot redder now that I have them growing in full sun.

Back